Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: STILL WAITING! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Promised deadline is coming up fast i think i read somewhere in a PRODOS post that KS backers would receive their postage paid products by the end of this month
This company has the most empty promises I've ever heard.
And for the new products they keep advertising LOL like I'm going to even spend a $$ more with this group.
Saw a retail copy at my LGS an it looked under whelming. the box was thin an had no depth so assembled models will need another storage solution.
At this point ive been scammed by prodos....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McHugh
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a lot of k/s backers are still waiting, I know I amshake!! I've really lost the excitement of getting this game now, but just want what I paid for. Oh,well maybe one day.Glad at least some people got it,though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting as well. Emails are ignored, I am also of the opinion that I have been scammed. No nice way of putting it really is there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the whole distribution and then communication side of prodos games as been a scandal to be honest.luckily [although I didn't think so at at the time] I just missed out on the KS now im glad I did as I pre-ordered and got my copy on release date near enough [2 days after as it came from Poland].which is completely wrong in my eyes and I have said this on both forums.KS people should have been sorted out first ok,another argument is fox have them in a tight contract to sell to retail at the same time....doesn't stop prodos keeping in touch with people who have already paid out for their game..and they should expect a lot of flak as they haven't done what they said and failed to keep you KS guys fully informed

because lets be honest here, without KS funding this game wouldn't exist!!
someone with legal expertise needs to look into the Kickstarter project..as it seems it doesn't matter what happens to donors to these projects Kickstarter themselves still get their 10% cut and have no legal responsibilities..something just not right about the whole thing to me
I only go with kickstarters now that have a proven track record

hope all you guys get your stuff very soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially Prodos said ALL KS backers would receive ALL their items by the end of February. They have since gone back on that and now plan an additional wave of shipping sometime in late spring for items not yet approved/ready/whatever.

Seems pretty screwed up that we (KS backers) have been led to believe one of the hold ups was packaging approval and yet we are not getting retail packaging for any expansions/extras.

Hopefully all KS backer get at least the game box and the first expansions by the end of Feb, but frankly you would be an idiot to take Prodos at their word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently went through with another game LGS that i had a pre-order with. After been told repeatedly by email my order has been postponed they eventually closed down never saw the game. I have a feeling that eventually this will go OOP before us KS backers even see it. I have seen this sorta run around before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CreepyW3irdo wrote:
I recently went through with another game LGS that i had a pre-order with. After been told repeatedly by email my order has been postponed they eventually closed down never saw the game. I have a feeling that eventually this will go OOP before us KS backers even see it. I have seen this sorta run around before.

Hi,
I don't agree...

that's the frustration with this for the people that haven't yet received it.the game itself is selling well its in stores the waves are selling well..the problem is the very poor distribution of the game to the kickstarter guys.Prodos are selling the game on two fronts..KS/PREORDER and Retail. and seem to be concentrating on retail more than ks peoples orders
another thing to keep in mind is this is also backed by fox and theres no way they will want to see this as a failure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Selling well? You mean the backers copies are selling well.....? and by looks the preorders on expansions must be popular also as now KS backers extras are been held back. The writing is on the wall. KS backers have seen all the rubbish promise emails these guys keep spinning to us.....Its scammer behaviour. Total misuse of a Kickstarter campaign by Prodos. They have our postage paid products in a mystery warehouse but can't send them.? Yet it's selling great an been distributed to local game shops just fine? Sounds all a bit off to me. Sorry if I can't see any positives coming from this project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Kelly
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am utter disgusted in how PROBOS games have handled every aspect of this kickstarter I feel as though I have thrown money away. Zero relevant communication from them despite many many attempts to contact them via every email address they have.

Until they email me directly with updates specific to my pledge, and their location/status, (or it magically arrives at my door) I consider them nothing more than thieves.

I have a mate who is a lawyer...ill be asking him what is the best course of action to demand a refund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Axekicker wrote:
I am utter disgusted in how PROBOS games have handled every aspect of this kickstarter I feel as though I have thrown money away. Zero relevant communication from them despite many many attempts to contact them via every email address they have.

Until they email me directly with updates specific to my pledge, and their location/status, (or it magically arrives at my door) I consider them nothing more than thieves.

I have a mate who is a lawyer...ill be asking him what is the best course of action to demand a refund.

I think a letter from a lawyer will shake things up for you..its a real shame that the whole process got screwed up...ahhhh we live and learn.
good luck and hope you get sorted soon..saw a post on here earlier an "update" from prodos reckons all ks stuff will be done in next few weeks..so maybe....just maybe u guys will get sorted out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
saw a post on here earlier an "update" from prodos reckons all ks stuff will be done in next few weeks..so maybe....just maybe u guys will get sorted out

I think you misinterpreted the update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
tootz wrote:
saw a post on here earlier an "update" from prodos reckons all ks stuff will be done in next few weeks..so maybe....just maybe u guys will get sorted out

I think you misinterpreted the update.

They at least claim to be down to 505 parcels to send out. So according to them, there are not many of us that have yet to receive our packages... How credible is that statement? Your guess is as good a mine.

What gets me is that they are just now getting to updating the rules... by asking backers (many who can't play the game) for "help".

Oh and simultaneously, they are working on 3 new games (that look terrible, btw). Quantity over quality at its finest. This company is disingenuous, PERIOD. Anyone pointing fingers at Fox for ANY of this is delusional. Fox didn't make them not file their taxes, Fox didn't make them fill their rules with logical holes and nonsensical mechanics. Fox didn't force them to "run out of money" shipping us our products. Fox also didn't force them to lose the door stand contract.whistle

At WORST, Fox held them to a contract they couldn't meet (due solely to their failures as a company).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
STOP PRESS!!!!

UPS have just delivered the goods (from Poland). Base game plus add ons.

Pleasantly surprised by the weight of everything but in two minds whether to break open the shrink or sell it on.

I received no fore warning that this had shipped so was a shock.

There is hope yet for the rest of the backers.

Cheers
D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeviousDamen wrote:
STOP PRESS!!!!

UPS have just delivered the goods (from Poland). Base game plus add ons.

Pleasantly surprised by the weight of everything but in two minds whether to break open the shrink or sell it on.

I received no fore warning that this had shipped so was a shock.

There is hope yet for the rest of the backers.

Cheers
D.

get it opened !! you know you want to!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:

I am overseas for the next 3 weeks so it can wait 'til then. Whats another 3 weeks compared to many long months of uncertainty and frustration

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeviousDamen wrote:
tootz wrote:

I am overseas for the next 3 weeks so it can wait 'til then. Whats another 3 weeks compared to many long months of uncertainty and frustration

I kept mine in the shrink wrap. Current plan is to sell it all off in/when Prodos ever delivers the rest of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have all my add-ons. There is no inventory list with it and I haven't been able to access the pledge manager so don't know for sure.

Contemplating selling mine also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here's to hoping i get anything......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Stampede
Germany
Saarland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also still waiting for my 3! pledges (incl. 2 Core games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the only upside to this fiasco of a ks, is that the longer folks wait to get their pledges, the more likely it will be that they get everything in one shipment. The issue that I'm finding is that I have lots of things to bump up my alien faction, but hardly anything for the marines (only WY commandos and powerloader) or the Predators (only hell hounds). So as amazing as the Alien queen and Crusher look, they are basically just decorations at this point.

Here's hoping that everyone gets the rest of their stuff this year, and we can start fresh next year, without having this hanging over our heads and just be done with it. I can't blame the people that just want to sell it, and get it out of their sight. What makes it even worse is that the shape the game is in right now, its not even worth looking forward to. The only good thing you can even say is that the minis are great to look at (truly), but the rules, etc., at best need a lot of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumpae wrote:
The only good thing you can even say is that the minis are great to look at (truly)

Yeah, the extras (shipped in baggies dumped in a brown box) did look nice. I'm not sure they look nice enough for me to keep them at this point, but I can admit they are nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:

Hopefully all KS backer get at least the game box and the first expansions by the end of Feb, but frankly you would be an idiot to take Prodos at their word.

KS backer
Last day of FEB today....... mail run has been. STILL NOTHINGninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CreepyW3irdo wrote:
jakecarol wrote:

KS backer
Last day of FEB today....... mail run has been. STILL NOTHINGninja

What?! I'm shocked! Oh wait, no I'm not. Sorry that you're still waiting for anything. Don't even know what to say other than I hope you get your stuff while it still holds a possibility of resale. I remember when this ks was live and a bunch of people were expressing their concerns. I just thought that with and IP this strong and Fox behind it all that there was no way this could fail. Boy was I wrong. Theres not accounting for a company that has zero business acumen and obviously could care less about their reputation. I just can't see how this game will ever overcome all the negativity associated with it. They can try and blame ks all they want, this is all on them. Every pissed off, let down, and dissillusioned backer deserved a lot better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not received anthing yet: neither the core game (x2) nor the expansions item!!!

I also have sent and email but I got no answer from Prodos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Complaints fall on deaf ears...... oh wait maybe its next February?
i know maybe cause Father xmas works for them & he has pulled a work cover claim for been over worked and delivers are on hold again cause he was only shipping the KS stuff. Normal retail shipping is luckily unaffectedsnorewhistle

i still cant get my head how this was allowed to happen at all?
Project was funded
production of game completed
shipping to retail LGS went well
All the expansion stuff was just chucked into baggies with the packed KS stuff
then random KS backers received some if not all there stuff while others received nothing, mean while non backers also happily continue to receive preorders for expansions an LGS receive restocks of the "limited Release" base game??. ANd Prodos quite happily send email spin to KS backers about bogus delays while happily sending to others outside of the KS in the background like KS backers are donkeys.. WHAT THE devil IS GOING ON @ PRODOs??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.