Vader's Finest
msg tools
Join Vader's Finest in our ninth episode where we again speculate about future releases. This time we discuss all of the exciting things going through our head as we watched The Force Awakens and continue to watch Star Wars Rebels!

Our Cantina Corner this week was Off Color Brewing's Dinos'mores.

If you enjoyed the podcast, check us out on iTunes, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and lastly, Patreon. Thanks for your time visiting any of these places, and just checking out the show!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barks
Australia
Armidale
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you mentioned the best new characters- TR-8R and the flame troopers!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vader's Finest
msg tools
I think TR-8R hit the cutting room floor for some reason, but I'd definitely be down to see a Deployment card of two TR-8R-esque units. Who needs Royal Guards??
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sanzén
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So another speculating episode, and a third one is coming...

Well as I stated before but perhasp to harshly is that this is not my kind of episodes, but that is just me personally.
I of course realise that I may be in the minority, its also not lke I will stop listening because of these episodes.

I usually enjoy your podcast but these episodes just feels like you are rambling names from the movies. There is no serious afterthought or actual thinking behind it.
It is not hard to guess that Kylo, Fenn and Rey will be coming if they do a Force Awakens set. What is hard to imagine is how they would behave in the game. I would like for you to focus on a serious profile instead. That would be interesting to hear, a possible profile rather than a list of possible characters.

Some constructive criticism for you is the remember the timeline rules.
Luke Skywalker that we have now is not from "A new hope", where he is now is between "A new hope" and "Emipre strikes back". You very often refer to the movies the figure is modeled from as reference which is not really accurate. This is the reason why Luke has the Saber Strike and Inspiring rule. Luke uses the lightsaber against the Wampa and it feels like he is rather more used too it then.
If they did Rey for example it would have to be either before or after "The Force Awakens". if it is before then we will have staff Rey, if its after the we will have jedi Rey.
Or if they did Obi Wan they would have to do him eihter ghost form after "A new hope" or as a Jedi from before "A new hope".

I am not a fan of Ashoka and do not want to see her, but what I have seen is that she is not done with the Jedi or angry, she feels more good now than ever and she is a leader in the Rebellion. You also know that Luke uses force choke too so he uses some "dark side ability".

This is an important fact because its just not the films themselves that defines the characters, its their general behaviour, how they would be seen amongst their friends and act in other situations.
Obi Wan for example only fights against Vader in A new hope (and cuts of one arm), but is that a reason to assume he would never fight in other situations, he was very fast to take out his lightsaber in the Cantina and did not try to hide it. That gives information about how he would behave in game like this in my opinion. (Cant drop the comments you made about him not being a badass in your previous episode).

So just my opions, I promise that I will write good things also, lke I said, I really liked your other episodes, the one with Command cards was really good.

Thanks for the podcast. Hear ya next time.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vader's Finest
msg tools
sanzen wrote:
So another speculating episode, and a third one is coming...

Well as I stated before but perhasp to harshly is that this is not my kind of episodes, but that is just me personally.
I of course realise that I may be in the minority, its also not lke I will stop listening because of these episodes.

I usually enjoy your podcast but these episodes just feels like you are rambling names from the movies. There is no serious afterthought or actual thinking behind it.
It is not hard to guess that Kylo, Fenn and Rey will be coming if they do a Force Awakens set. What is hard to imagine is how they would behave in the game. I would like for you to focus on a serious profile instead. That would be interesting to hear, a possible profile rather than a list of possible characters.

I'm sorry you haven't liked these episodes. They are definitely a "side" venture for us, less focus on pure competitive edge, etc. I do wish we had released them in a different way than over the span of three weeks, if only because it does commit people like yourself that may not necessarily be fully into them to listening, but it's something we can work on going forward. We really appreciate your commentary and I don't personally think your last response was harsh at all.

I do agree that on some level we ramble out names for characters, but I think it's also true for a lot of characters that we list what they would do pretty in-depth (Kylo and Finn, for example, we did detail pretty thoroughly. I think my idea for Finn is pretty awesome, in fact). Without spending 10 minutes on each character describing the exact dice they would use on offense and defense, their health totals, etc I think we succinctly bridge the gap between taking too long on each unit and not being overly short. I do see where you're coming from, though. Unfortunately there are just too many characters from Star Wars to cover to that complete degree.

sanzen wrote:
Some constructive criticism for you is the remember the timeline rules.
Luke Skywalker that we have now is not from "A new hope", where he is now is between "A new hope" and "Emipre strikes back". You very often refer to the movies the figure is modeled from as reference which is not really accurate. This is the reason why Luke has the Saber Strike and Inspiring rule. Luke uses the lightsaber against the Wampa and it feels like he is rather more used too it then.
If they did Rey for example it would have to be either before or after "The Force Awakens". if it is before then we will have staff Rey, if its after the we will have jedi Rey.
Or if they did Obi Wan they would have to do him eihter ghost form after "A new hope" or as a Jedi from before "A new hope".

I don't know where it's been said specifically that the Core Luke is 100% between ANH and Empire. In fact judging from his appearance I would say it's directly taken from ANH. I think they will do something very similar with Rey, not giving her the saber right from the beginning. I also think Obi-Wan would be in his Jedi-mode from the beginning of ANH rather than "in-between" anything as you say, and I do agree that he's pretty awesome.

sanzen wrote:
I am not a fan of Ashoka and do not want to see her, but what I have seen is that she is not done with the Jedi or angry, she feels more good now than ever and she is a leader in the Rebellion. You also know that Luke uses force choke too so he uses some "dark side ability".

This is an important fact because its just not the films themselves that defines the characters, its their general behaviour, how they would be seen amongst their friends and act in other situations.

I can see where you're coming from about Ahsoka, though I personally think she's awesome (especially after her fight scene in Rebels). After the way she was treated by the Jedi order, it makes sense to me that she would be over their politics. Maybe not to the degree of Dooku (or even Qui-Gon, had he lived), but definitely over it. I think it's easier to implement the "dark side" line riding of Ahsoka, assuming she comes as a single figure, rather than Luke (where we expect to get multiple figures for him), since that single figure has to embody the full scope of her arc.

sanzen wrote:
Obi Wan for example only fights against Vader in A new hope (and cuts of one arm), but is that a reason to assume he would never fight in other situations, he was very fast to take out his lightsaber in the Cantina and did not try to hide it. That gives information about how he would behave in game like this in my opinion. (Cant drop the comments you made about him not being a badass in your previous episode).

I've changed my mind! Haha. I've definitely always thought Obi-Wan was cool, and honestly being reminded of the Cantina scene was enough to skew me in the favor of him being able to beat some people up.

sanzen wrote:
So just my opions, I promise that I will write good things also, lke I said, I really liked your other episodes, the one with Command cards was really good.

Thanks for the podcast. Hear ya next time.

You've already written plenty of good! Honestly we just appreciate you commenting on these posts at all; stirring up discussion is great. We appreciate your support a lot. Thank you!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sanzén
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply.
Like I said, will continue to listen eagerly. It is a good podcast, just these episodes are not for me personally.

"I don't know where it's been said specifically that the Core Luke is 100% between ANH and Empire. In fact judging from his appearance I would say it's directly taken from ANH."

The time period for Lukes mission is 3-4. The core campaign takes place at time period 3 and is set directly after the destruction of the first death star. So I think that is rather specific. Also since Luke gets the lightsaber in "A new hope", its rather impossible for him to go on new adventures in between that he gets it and the end of "A new hope".
His apperance is just the most iconic from the movies.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.