Subject: End game money and tile scoring clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I had the following happen in a game. Myself and my opponent ended up with the same score, so we looked up the tie-breaker, which said the person with the most left over money wins. Now, from our perspective this can be interpreted two different ways. Because he had 18 money and I had 21. If they just mean having the most money at the end of the game, I would win. However, if every five money that we scored a point for was supposed to be turned in, he would have 3 left over money, and I would have 1, so he would win. So, which interpretation is actually the correct one, because I see merit in both...

Also, the scoring tiles that shows just green square symbols. Is it really just scoring for structuring your tiles a certaun way, or does the tiles also have to be a continuous landscape, like the minimum of three high has to be a continuous mountain or a continuous lake, etc. I think it's just the structure of tiles regardless if landscape, but I want to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd always read it as "leftover" after cashing in money for victory points, otherwise there would be no need to specify "leftover".

Yes, it is just the configuration of tiles that matter for those scoring tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
misskitten wrote:
or does the tiles also have to be a continuous landscape, like the minimum of three high has to be a continuous mountain or a continuous lake, etc.

Careful: this sounds like a fusion of these two scoring tiles:

Left: 3 VPs for each completed area of at least 3 landscape tiles in the clan territory. Here, terrain is important.
Right: 3 VPs for each vertical line of at least 3 contiguous landscape tiles in the clan territory. Here, only the arrangement of landscape tiles matters, regardless of terrain. Of course the tile placement rules still dictate that terrain types have to match along touching edges.
A related thread: Re: Confused a little with this scoring tile. Help please..

As Chris said, tie breaker money is after exchanging 5ers for VPs. Think of it as 21 gold being 4.2 VPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, it's easy to mix up terminology, but from now on we'll be able to score appropriately

I assume the 2VPs for squares of four works the same way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
misskitten wrote:
I assume the 2VPs for squares of four works the same way
Yes. See also the link above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
HairyDogWalker wrote:
I'd always read it as "leftover" after cashing in money for victory points, otherwise there would be no need to specify "leftover".
The French rule only states: "the player who has most gold coins wins", with no "leftover" mention.
And there is no mention of actually spending the 5 coins to get the VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.