Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer posted the following alt vp rules for his game (Wilderness Empires - a simpler design on the subject), I thought I'd post them here as an alt for the F&I War scenario.

I am posting an optional victory conditions that some of you may want to try.

The British player must capture Montreal, Quebec, Louisbourg and burn nine native villages by the end of the game.

I still find French play too passive in the F&I war scenarios. I wish there was some raiding mechanic ala WW. It was after all, a French strategy in the actual war. Perhaps someone can come up with Indian raiding rules to capture this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Marsh
United States
Brookfield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To secure a game victory, the Brit must eliminate New France. Raiding would be insufficient.

On CSW we have discussed multiple strategies for the French. Personally, I prefer a very active strategy of liberating Acadia. So you don't have to play the French passively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Erickson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
In my current game, I'm adding Ft. Niagara, Oswego, Frontenac and Duqesne to the list of victory objectives. We'll see how that plays out. In my first playings I found no reason to care about any of these -- as either side, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.