Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Roberts
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played this game and do not own it. I have been thinking about it and wondered. Could you set this game up like the "Advanced" Machi Koro setup? In other words, instead of laying out ten stacks of characters. Could you shuffle all the characters together and then lay out 10 cards randomly into stacks and piling up duplicates in the stacks as they come out? I know it would change the end game conditions. I suppose it would then require the game end to be when either the Monster or the Building stacks run out and ignore the rule that says it ends when a certain number of stacks runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine you could do that. It will be very random! Maybe you could deal 10 decks of 4 cards each face down and turn the first card of the deck. That way you could keep the same end game conditions.

They put a variant in the rulebook that is similar to that, but you mix only the cards with the same number(s). Then you deal decks of 4 cards face down and return the first card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James VB
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JFAudy wrote:
I imagine you could do that. It will be very random! Maybe you could deal 10 decks of 4 cards each face down and turn the first card of the deck. That way you could keep the same end game conditions.

They put a variant in the rulebook that is similar to that, but you mix only the cards with the same number(s). Then you deal decks of 4 cards face down and return the first card.

I think this is a better approach, since many of the dukes etc require certain types and it would throw off the balance doing what Paul suggests.

In any case I recommend you try the base game first, its way more fun than Machi Koro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One idea how you could play it (after some games in Vanilla to get a feeling for the game!) is to make 2 Stacks with citizens face down.
Then take from them 4 cards and lay them on the right side(to fill the big gap between Monsters and Domains) face up.
When someone buys a Card, fill the empty space with a another card from its stack.
Also put under every stack 4 random chosen exhausted cards. This means if one stack is empty you have exhausted 4 Stacks from the original game.

What will change with this way?:
The game can become longer and it is much more a random factor what citizens you can get on your turn.

This system is used in different games like Star Realms, Cthulhu Realms, Thunderstone(the dungeons) or Ascension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.