Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I got things set up and already I have questions regarding the first mission in the v2 of the Quick start guide. blush

1) Setup: the enemy has a full crew of bots (1 of each profession) + 1 human per player (up to 4) and the balance are bots. The crew is 1 - 4 (rest are bots). This equals 8 enemy and 4 player characters, correct?

2) Side question to #1, Is it acceptable / fun to have a player play 2 characters?

3) As long as the crew are in the correct module can the GM put them on any available Battlestation within it?

This question is for those who have read the "Enemy Eyes Only"
Spoiler (click to reveal)
4) The enemy Pilot has a Jetpack. There are no rules in the quick start guide that explains this. Do you use the v1.0/1.1 rules?

5) It says the humans are allowed to wear armor but are not strong enough. Do they actually have it and drop it when knocked out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
Ok. I got things set up and already I have questions regarding the first mission in the v2 of the Quick start guide. blush

1) Setup: the enemy has a full crew of bots (1 of each profession) + 1 human per player (up to 4) and the balance are bots. The crew is 1 - 4 (rest are bots). This equals 8 enemy and 4 player characters, correct?

2) Side question to #1, Is it acceptable / fun to have a player play 2 characters?

3) As long as the crew are in the correct module can the GM put them on any available Battlestation within it?

This question is for those who have read the "Enemy Eyes Only"
Spoiler (click to reveal)
4) The enemy Pilot has a Jetpack. There are no rules in the quick start guide that explains this. Do you use the v1.0/1.1 rules?

5) It says the humans are allowed to wear armor but are not strong enough. Do they actually have it and drop it when knocked out?

1. 8 enemies yes.
2. it works fine for most people but if not enough people usually we put a Bot in there that is collectively controlled to make up for the missing crewman.
3. I think the answer is yes if I understand correctly
4. Maybe the version that is posted doesn't have rules for this. Sorry!

Jet Move (move action)
Piloting vs. 8
May add +3 per additional jet move
Attempt at the start of a move action to turn one square of your movement into a jet move of up to 10 squares in a straight line. You may add 3 to the difficulty for each additional square of movement you want to convert to a jet move. You may not jet through a slagged square even if you have a special ability that allows you to move easily through slagged squares. Failure in a Jet Move deals 1 die of damage to the user.

You've seen this, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LfpMqDVQTk

joey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cannibalkid wrote:

Seen? Yes. Watched? whistle I will now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jetpack rules will be on the Jetpack counter. Sorry for the omission.

I really like playing one character per player but if people insist on playin multiple characters I will not find them and take away their game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cannibalkid wrote:
Jet Move (move action)
Piloting vs. 8
May add +3 per additional jet move
Attempt at the start of a move action to turn one square of your movement into a jet move of up to 10 squares in a straight line. You may add 3 to the difficulty for each additional square of movement you want to convert to a jet move. You may not jet through a slagged square even if you have a special ability that allows you to move easily through slagged squares. Failure in a Jet Move deals 1 die of damage to the user.

As I read this if my move was 5 then I can jet once in a straight line (up to 10) and still may move 4 more regularly. Optionally I can jet twice and move one less space with the difficulty going up by 3 per attempt during this hero's current move action.

If I take a second move action does the difficulty reset?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
The Jetpack rules will be on the Jetpack counter. Sorry for the omission.

I really like playing one character per player but if people insist on playin multiple characters I will not find them and take away their game.

No worries! I figured the quick start are still draft versions so there might be bits of info I'm missing. (Like hull check table since I don't have the ref card. ... not that I can't see it in the videos and figure it out. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the hull check table should look like this:

| Damage| Check |
|---------------|
| 1 | 1 |
|---------------|
| 3 | 2 |
|---------------|
| 6 | 3 |
|---------------|
| 10 | 4 |
|---------------|
| 15 | 5 |
|---------------|
| 21 | 6 |
|---------------|
| 28 | 7 |
|---------------|
| 36 | 8 |
|---------------|
| 45 | 9 |
|---------------|
| 55 | 10 |
|---------------|
| 66 | 11 |
|---------------|
| 78 | 12 |
|---------------|
| 91 | 13 |
|---------------|
| 105 | 14 |
|---------------|
| Add ship size |
| to check. |
|---------------|
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Neal! Just so others (me whistle ) are clear ... Size 3 ship with 21 damage is a check of 9 (6 + size 3)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff - I love the idea of the rules for items like the jetpack being on the counter or card. Maybe the full rulebook can have a full description w/an FAQ type entry, but keeping the relevent basic details on the counter or card helps keep things really clean - you only need to know if when you have it, then the details are right there in front of you for all to see. Great.

Would it be possible to post an example to see what the graphic design of one of these counters is like? Just curious.

Thanks!
Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have original. Other than the small picture of a human and the roach dude, there's no pre-made characters that I can see. Are they supposed to be available with quick-start rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to mine 5 starting characters between what is in the rules and watching a few videos. It was an adventure but you can do it if you really try. If you have access to 1.0/1.1 rules you can build a character for 2.0 though a few skills may have changed or been tweaked from what I could piece together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
I have original. Other than the small picture of a human and the roach dude, there's no pre-made characters that I can see. Are they supposed to be available with quick-start rules?

I can upload some. I didn't really try to make a Print and Play for this campaign- I just haven't had time. I have them. I'll post them on the page.

here:
http://www.mirrorboxgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Sam...

joey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The files are there if you look at update #19 .... also PnP modules as well! I just printed a bunch of tiles I had sized up from the rulebook and images already here of the new artwork. *SIGH* Guess I'll have to print them again!

I'll post some pics this weekend of the PnP tiles and standees I made. I was going to model up a tentac but not sure if I'll have time because of a work deadline that is looming at month-end.

Thanks Joey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
Thanks Neal! Just so others (me whistle ) are clear ... Size 3 ship with 21 damage is a check of 9 (6 + size 3)?

That's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hullo, just posting to keep this game HOT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Any ship at hull damage of 21 needs a 6+ to survive. All ships add their ship size to this check. So a size 3 ship adds 3 to this check and needs a 3+.

The chart is
Damage Hull Check
1 --- 1
3 --- 2
6 --- 3
10 --- 4
15 --- 5
21 --- 6
28 --- 7
36 --- 8
45 --- 9
55 --- 10
66 --- 11
78 --- 12
91 --- 13
105 --- 14
120 --- 15
136 --- 16

Obviously, you don't have to roll a check until until you need a 3+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK... The ship's hull is it "skill level" and is add to what you roll. The target number is constant. I wasn't sure if I was adding the hull to the difficulty or if it was making it easier.

Now I know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
No. Any ship at hull damage of 21 needs a 6+ to survive. All ships add their ship size to this check. So a size 3 ship adds 3 to this check and needs a 3+.

Sorry, obviously had stayed up too late that night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have probably guessed this but I tend to be literal and the "add hull size to check" when I'm making a "Hull Check" was ambiguous to me ... could have gone either way. I choose .... poorly whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I should know better than to shout about how cool my new hull check chart is without publishing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.