Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game seems too short. I've been playing just 2 players, and we finish in 30 minutes or less. Have I misunderstood the meaning of the words SET and ROUND?

ROUND - each player placing all 8 of his dice, not all at once, but round ends when all dice have been placed

SET - (1)I go first, (2)opponent goes first, (3)I go first, (4)opponent goes first, (5)I go first, (6)opponent goes first. Game over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lockard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the way we play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
...Have I misunderstood the meaning of the words SET and ROUND?

ROUND - each player placing all 8 of his dice, not all at once, but round ends when all dice have been placed

SET - (1)I go first, (2)opponent goes first, (3)I go first, (4)opponent goes first, (5)I go first, (6)opponent goes first. Game over.

Page 3 - Playing the Game: The game is played over five (4/5 players) or six (2/3 players) sets. A set consists of several, usually three to five, rounds. A round consists of each player rolling his dice and allocating some of them to a building. Repeat until one player is out of dice whereupon you finish that round then score the set. The start player token will rotate from set to set, but stays the same for each round of the set.

Your take on how the sets work is alright but you are a little off on what a round is. It is the set that ends when all dice have been placed. A two player game will go pretty quickly - even with five players we treat this game as a filler.

Hope that helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
EllenCaroline wrote:
...Have I misunderstood the meaning of the words SET and ROUND?

Page 3 - Playing the Game: The game is played over five (4/5 players) or six (2/3 players) sets. A set consists of several, usually three to five, rounds. A round consists of each player rolling his dice and allocating some of them to a building. Repeat until one player is out of dice whereupon you finish that round then score the set. The start player token will rotate from set to set, but stays the same for each round of the set.

Your take on how the sets work is alright but you are a little off on what a round is. It is the set that ends when all dice have been placed. A two player game will go pretty quickly - even with five players we treat this game as a filler.

Hope that helps...

Correct.

Just think of a "round" as "one time around the table", i.e. each player gets one turn.
So a "set" usually consists of more than one round (or, more than one turn per player), since it is unlikely that a player will place all their dice on their very first turn.

And yes, with two players, a round is shorter because there are only 2 turns per round, whereas with 5 players, there are 5 turns per round.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.