Subject: Alliance Smuggler ? What is... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
...that?

We want more Jedi Knights, pleeeeaaase !

An also more heavy weapons for the rebels...

and also Darth Maaaaaauuuuul...

May the force be with you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly doubt we'll ever see Darth Maul. FFG seems to be sticking with Rebels onward in timeline. Did Maul die in Clone Wars? I didn't really follow it.

I am surprised that the Alliance Smuggler isn't a Merc character, since well, that's what mercs do...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Henry
United Kingdom
Wellington
West Midlands
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
I highly doubt we'll ever see Darth Maul. FFG seems to be sticking with Rebels onward in timeline. Did Maul die in Clone Wars? I didn't really follow it.

I am surprised that the Alliance Smuggler isn't a Merc character, since well, that's what mercs do...

-shnar

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Maul did not die in TCW, and a trailer appears to have shown in him to be in Rebels, however since the mercenaries are tools of the empire in the campaign and Maul is the failed apprentice and tried to kill the emperor I don't see a sensible way of including him.

Jedi are rare in the galaxy, so it wouldn't make sense to have many more jedi, I'm quite happy with other roles being filled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Emerick
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Darth Maul will be appearing in this season of Rebels, so it is highly possible that he will make it into IA eventually as I expect Rebels content at some point.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Vasquez
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
I would even be happy with a generic sith

Darth Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize Jedi are supposed to be rare but there are way too many generic human soldier types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
I realize Jedi are supposed to be rare but there are way too many generic human soldier types.

You must be meaning there are a lot of non-Jedi characters.

If you look at the heroes that are available now, there is a lot of variety. Is Fenn a soldier? Is there any other real soldier-type? Does having guns make a character a soldier type? They are fighting a rebellion, surely they should have guns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
FFG, do you hear me ?
I want Ahsoka Tano, Hera syndulla, Inquisitor, etc...
I don't want Alliance Smuggler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sanzén
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why do you want Ashoka? Why the Rebel stuff before the Original trilogy stuff of which not everything has come out yet.
If I dont see anything from Rebels or Clone Wars or the prequels then I will be a ahappy man.

Clone Wars was just awfull in so many ways but I understand why kids liked it, lots of lightsabers and action.

Rebels is more Ok but as soon as the clones appered it became too much. A single old republic walker vs 3 ATATs, yeah that is belivable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who'd even want to see Jar Jar Binks.

I for one am more than happy if FFG focus on the OT.
Plenty of cool stuff to be had there, even without hordes of Lightsaber-swinging Jedi or cool looking but half-assed Antagonists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Kovacs
msg tools
"The day we stop exploring is the day we commit ourselves to live in a stagnant world, devoid of curiosity, empty of dreams." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We want more Jedi Knights, pleeeeaaase !

I sure don't want to see any more jedi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Morcars Jester wrote:
I [...] want to see Jar Jar Binks.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emrico wrote:

Darth Maul will be appearing in this season of Rebels

Nooooooooooo. Him already resurfacing once was enough...

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who'd even want to see Jar Jar Binks.

Sure why not. The heroes would sent him in to be the first row of casualties and the IP can't do anything else but fire everything they have at him. So basically he needs to come with a new defense die with 4 dodges or so and most likely will cost 20 threat and is mandatory to bring along for the heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta agree, why Alliance Smuggler and not Yoda, Luke(Jedi), or Obi-Wan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sanzen wrote:
Why do you want Ashoka? Why the Rebel stuff before the Original trilogy stuff of which not everything has come out yet.
If I dont see anything from Rebels or Clone Wars or the prequels then I will be a ahappy man.

But I have to admit, it would be fun painting the 3D effects for Ahsoka's lightsabers for Imperial Assault. Just saying.

sanzen wrote:
Clone Wars was just awfull in so many ways but I understand why kids liked it, lots of lightsabers and action.

Rebels is more Ok but as soon as the clones appered it became too much. A single old republic walker vs 3 ATATs, yeah that is belivable.

I get that too. But I think the episode did a great job showcasing that the "green" Imperial commander of that armored attack wasn't as experienced and innovative as Rex and his colleagues, especially given the environment. A similar type of thing can be found with Grand Admiral Thrawn and his promotion/termination of his officers given their capacity for quick thinking and ingenuity. (But that's a whole different trilogy to think about for Imperial Assault).

Edit: afterthought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am for a Clone Wars Expansion that would be for Skirmish purposes. I love the Clone Troopers. That could provide heavy weapons and eve an E-web type for the Rebels. The Republic Commando book series was so good!

I am a fan of the Original Tri. but The clones are BA! Plus, I really hate the battle droids.

More jedi stuff would be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sanzén
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Of course it is just my opinion that Clone Wars was awful, I did not mean to make it sound like I had the universal answer, I am a little too quick sometimes on the internet with answer like these.

I do think that Clone Wars was awfull, and I really want to see more of the OT and Force Awakens rather than Clone Wars/Prequel stuff.
I really dont want to see Ashoka who I am never going to accept after being a silly teenager in her first episodes and the movies. No cool Rebel episodes is ever going to wash away those embarising moments.

I think the alliance smuggler fits into this game really well. It is a sterotype from the movies, I do think that it should have been a group of 2 perhaps but I think he is mostly for campaign rather than skirmish and then a single mini is enough.

And then you mention Thrawn... I am going to get burned for this but in a galaxy with lightspeed, deathstars and the force, he is the most unbeliveble character in the story.
Being able to forsee anyones battle strategy based upon the art of that person or their race is just silly beyond anything in this world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis S
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Alliance Smuggler is more of a figure for skirmish play. The Rebels did not have a 2 point figure for that.

I am glad to see all variety in the SW universe. As many Jedi that are running around as it is in the universe just tells me Vader did a bad job of hunting them all down and killing them. Must be his 4 move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:

At the point the game is in now, it's inbetween episodes IV and halfway through V. Return to Hoth brought it to V, but it hasn't gone through it entirely.

I'm sure Jedi Luke is in the making, but he may be in another expansion or two once they get up to RoTJ level. Same with Yoda, maybe in the next big-box expansion since they're into episode V.

Obi-Wan's part in the IV-VI films was shown entirely in episode 4. He went from being a hermit to helping Luke get to Alderaan, got smuggled aboard the Death Star and died. There wasn't any point for him to flirt around the universe with a few other heroes, so I don't see a figure coming for him UNLESS they start up a prequel set.

And those asking for Ahsoka and other people from Rebels--wait for a Rebels set. I don't think Disney is ready to throw Rebels-era people into Ep. 4-6 timelines just yet. That would give away that they all survive, and that defeats the purpose of having a series that shows what they're doing now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
ironcates wrote:

At the point the game is in now, it's inbetween episodes IV and halfway through V. Return to Hoth brought it to V, but it hasn't gone through it entirely.

I'm sure Jedi Luke is in the making, but he may be in another expansion or two once they get up to RoTJ level. Same with Yoda, maybe in the next big-box expansion since they're into episode V.

Obi-Wan's part in the IV-VI films was shown entirely in episode 4. He went from being a hermit to helping Luke get to Alderaan, got smuggled aboard the Death Star and died. There wasn't any point for him to flirt around the universe with a few other heroes, so I don't see a figure coming for him UNLESS they start up a prequel set.

Did you see Dengar and IG-88 do anything in the universe? At least Obi-Wan had a fight scene with Vader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Miller
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
Did you see Dengar and IG-88 do anything in the universe? At least Obi-Wan had a fight scene with Vader.

That's kind of the point, though. The campaigns available now take place after the destruction of the Death Star. We don't know what Dengar or IG-88 were up to for all of that time, only that they were hired by Vader in ESB. That leaves possibility for them to run into the IA heroes.

Meanwhile, we know exactly what Obi-Wan was doing during that same time frame, and an Obi-Wan Kenobi, Force Ghost ally pack isn't likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alliance Smuggler pretty much for the skirmish part of the game. Just like the other expansion packs that aren't associated with a boxed release - Wave 3.

It's the game's second 2pt generic unit, after the Imperial Officer.

Rebels will now be able to increase their activation count with a decent little figure, with a good attack and great ability to compete on objectives against Officers + Guards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
Emrico wrote:

Darth Maul will be appearing in this season of Rebels

Nooooooooooo. Him already resurfacing once was enough...

Seriously! I was just about to drop $35 on the Blu-Ray of Rebels Season 1, but hearing this I think I'll just skip this show entirely. Why do they have to ruin a good thing by inserting crappy Prequel nonsense? Sigh. Just because a character "looks cool" doesn't mean they're a good character with any substance. That goes for you too, Boba Fett!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand... The only Jedi I want to see in IA at this point is a Jedi Luke in a RotJ-themed big-box expansion. Otherwise, there are a ton of other OT and EU characters I'd love to see before they EVER add any Prequel-era or even Ep 7 [and beyond] content. Where are the rest of the Bounty Hunters [Bossk, 4-LOM and Zuckuss]?

I agree that 'Aliance Smuggler' is pretty generic though... I would've preferred Dash Rendar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Kovacs
msg tools
"The day we stop exploring is the day we commit ourselves to live in a stagnant world, devoid of curiosity, empty of dreams." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingmob75 wrote:
I'll just skip this show entirely.

This season took a serious downturn anyways. People fighting in space without space suits, flying space "whales," and other ridiculous nonsense. Huge disappointment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
At least Rebels is mentioned in the novel Aftermath, so maybe there's hope.... :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.