Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Beattie
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
So hey, I just watched The Thing and I'm wondering if there are any hidden traitor games where players slowly get converted to the opposing side without the remaining humans knowing. Might be scored as "last human standing", might be scored more like point soup to give everyone a chance.

Heard of any game that plays like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Panic Station, but be sure to use the latest rules and play the game more as a journey and with high suspension of disbelief than perfectly thematic or win-at-all-costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Charbonneau
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about The Thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Beattie
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks! Didn't know either of those existed. They seem to have the exact mechanic I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Moon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an old 'small box Splotter Spellen game called Beest.

Yo are all in an 'ice cavern system'. One of you are infected. If you are ever alone is a cave, you past DNA information and see if you are infected. Goal is to end the game without getting infected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Thing Card Game is a really fantastic experience and absolutely faithful to the tone of the film. It is print-n-play only, so you'll have to choose your method of dealing with that and the rules can be a little difficult to parse your first time through (I always recommend using the "Director's Cut version 2.1" rulebook). But if you can get over those initial hurdles, it is absolutely worth the investment.

I've actually been working on an unofficial "remastered" version of the rules to help address some of the common concerns but have had to put that project on the back burner for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
V-Wars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Board Game Goat
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
The Thing Card Game is a really fantastic experience and absolutely faithful to the tone of the film. It is print-n-play only, so you'll have to choose your method of dealing with that and the rules can be a little difficult to parse your first time through (I always recommend using the "Director's Cut version 2.1" rulebook). But if you can get over those initial hurdles, it is absolutely worth the investment.

I've actually been working on an unofficial "remastered" version of the rules to help address some of the common concerns but have had to put that project on the back burner for now.

I love, love, love this game. We actually bought the printed cards (not print and play) https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/565451/thing-card-game-now-.... It's amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.