Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Jansen
Denmark
Kastrup
Amager
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there

Maybe my English is a little rusty, but when the Cthulhu AO says "When an investigator moves ONTO an eldritch token ..." does that mean ending your movement on an eldritch token or also "crossing through"?

Thank you in avance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The point here is that you cannot really move through Cthulhu's eldritch tokens, because your movement ends there. If it was your first action you lose your second. If it was your second action you lose nothing (which is preferable, obviously). If I recall correctly, you are only delayed if you happen to move there during the encounter phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Casper Jansen wrote:
Maybe my English is a little rusty, but when the Cthulhu AO says "When an investigator moves ONTO an eldritch token ..." does that mean ending your movement on an eldritch token or also "crossing through"?
It also works when you are "crossing through".
Even if you are moving several spaces during one action (thanks to tickets, etc.) you are still visiting these spaces one after another, and you resolve applicable effects on each space.
As far as I remember only Cthulhu has such effects right now, but this may change in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thomas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if an eldritch token appears on the spot where an investigator is located already? Does the Investigator become delayed? Given that the card says he or she becomes delayed when they move onto a token, I am not certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b5dorsai wrote:
What happens if an eldritch token appears on the spot where an investigator is located already? Does the Investigator become delayed?
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bump this thread so there are less duplicates for the token question.

Does "moving" account for any effect that moves your investigator? For example, Bermuda Triangle mythos, the shaman moving to a sea space with a clue, the Amazonas snakeman drawing someone from arkham, choosing a space after being LITAS...

I guess so, since the card says "move" instead of "travel" , although in my Spanish version, the Cthulhu effect states "enter a space" which is a term that doesn't show anywhere else, if I recall it right.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zosete wrote:
I bump this thread so there are less duplicates for the token question.

Does "moving" account for any effect that moves your investigator? For example, Bermuda Triangle mythos, the shaman moving to a sea space with a clue, the Amazonas snakeman drawing someone from arkham, choosing a space after being LITAS...

I guess so, since the card says "move" instead of "travel" , although in my Spanish version, the Cthulhu effect states "enter a space" which is a term that doesn't show anywhere else, if I recall it right.

Any time you enter a space with a token, you're moving, no matter how your character got there (including being moved by effects). "Travel", as you noted, is specific to the action your character can take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zosete wrote:
although in my Spanish version, the Cthulhu effect states "enter a space"
While the effect remains the same, I think this spanish wording is more fortunate than the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.