Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes we end up with resources that won't get untilized in a turn for whatever reason or too many of one type and no need for them for a while. I was thinking what if player could spend a worker on the townsfolk board to exchange a resource for one gold or a exchange one resource for a different resource? Should this action be limited to one at a time? Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Ben
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree a variant is needed especially in a 2 player game. The blocking makes it impossible to utilise resources and very quickly you will be maxed out on gold, workers and goods in the mill. We suggest that in the 2 player game a second worker is allowed on the board but at a cost of 4 gold to place in an occupied space. Our 2 player games have reached a total stalemate because occupied spaces need to be cleared with the gatekeeper but then you cannot visit the board again that round to use the now free space. Evening comes along and we are discarding resources that we have just obtained and so the cycle begins again.
Absolutely love 3+ players but with 2 it's almost broken without the variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Corn merchant wrote:
I agree a variant is needed especially in a 2 player game. The blocking makes it impossible to utilise resources and very quickly you will be maxed out on gold, workers and goods in the mill. We suggest that in the 2 player game a second worker is allowed on the board but at a cost of 4 gold to place in an occupied space. Our 2 player games have reached a total stalemate because occupied spaces need to be cleared with the gatekeeper but then you cannot visit the board again that round to use the now free space. Evening comes along and we are discarding resources that we have just obtained and so the cycle begins again.
Absolutely love 3+ players but with 2 it's almost broken without the variant.

I wouldn't say it's broken just needs a little finesse. I like the idea of sending two workers per turn but might not be fair since you could clear it then take a valuable spot right away. Maybe the option is just to use a spot that is already occupied so you're not blocked out it just costs more. .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Ben
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry the variant I am suggesting would not allow 2 workers per turn but simply allow you to place a worker on an already occupied space but to do that would cost 4 gold. I would say the maximum number of worker per spot is 2. I know that the gatekeeper action could potentially bring many workers to your board but we find we are far from short of workers in a 2 player game and most of the lata rounds we are unable to take our workers in evening because we are maxed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.