Scott Tepper
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that the new I'm The Boss version includes some variants. I have the KKK version and I was wondering what these variants are. Could someone who has the new version describe them please?

Thanks,

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Fortin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:new variants
Scott Tepper (#21058),

I never seen or played the original KKK, so there may be nothing new here, but there you are:

Variations

- The turn order does not change following the play of a 'Boss Card'.
- A player that starts his turn with 10 or more cards must initiate a deal on his turn.
- A player must be the Boss or have played a card in order to get money from the deal.
- Drawing Cards... A player with no investors draws 4 cards, a player with 1 investor draws 3 cards, a player with 2 investors draws 2 cards, and a player with 3 or more investors draws 1 card.
- An investor with less than 4 cards may not attempt to organize a Deal.
- Starting with the tenth deal an investor may not hold more than 10 cards in their hand.
- Short Game: Play with 2 Deals at Levels (1) through (3). At level (4) add the number of Level 4 deals with a die roll. A total of 6 or more ends the game.
- Less Cutthroat game : When from 3 to 6 play, use the special rules for "The Game for 2".

The Game for 2

The rules are the same, with the following exceptions:
- The Boss may use any of the opponent's Investors, paying a "fair share" for each.
- Either player may place a Vacation card on their own Investors to try and keep a Deal from being completed.
- The Boss must complete the Deal if possible, using the available Investors and any Relatives the opponent exposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tepper
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Michel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Scott Tepper (#21231),

AnooOther common variant encludes the "stealing" of cousin cards in addition to primary investors (we particularly like this one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Parker
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw (#21235),
We like to play that investor cards can only be used by the Boss and "steal cards" can steal either investor or clan cards. More deals fall through because of this but makes card management more important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.