Castles of Mad King Ludwig» Forums » General

Subject: Haunted Castle Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the publishers have considered a haunted castle version?

Seems like it would be an easy fit: Dracula, Frankenstein, ghosts, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. I'm not really a fan of werewolves or vampires...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mason
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a nice idea for a Halloween themed game night. "The Haunting of Mad King Ludwig's Castle"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desferous wrote:
I wonder if the publishers have considered a haunted castle version?

Seems like it would be an easy fit: Dracula, Frankenstein, ghosts, etc.

Ironically enough, during our play last night, my castle was VERY creepy. I had a dungeon off the barbican which led to the crematorium. If you go right, you enter the ballroom (off a hallway) which secret passages to the waiting room - which was adjacent to the dungeon and crematorium - so even though I couldn't connect them, in my mind, they very much were connected. Oh and entering my castle, you first came to the small front yard, through the hedge maze, met up with the Hounding Hut. So yeah, I had all kinds of creepiness going on. There was a freezer room, "wine cellar" and hibernatorium as well. And so, I kept saying that this was my vampire castle - as thematically it didn't really have anyplace to eat, but lots of places to be wined and dined and then fed upon (and subsequently ending up in the crematorium to burn the evidence).

(NOTE: I lost, handily, however)

More to the OP, I think there are rooms that you could claim meet the criteria for a Vampire castle. Next time, I'm going to try to build a Frankenstein-inspired castle.

Great suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One Night in the Revolutionary Castle of Mad King Ludwig in Suburbia with Werewolves, Vampires and Mutant Meeples?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ward
msg tools
toulouse wrote:
I don't know. I'm not really a fan of werewolves or vampires...

ninja

Hi Ted,

I agree with you about a haunted version, would not really interest our family. By the way, both Castles and the secrets expansion is a hit with our family of 9. We are addicted! Congratulations on a great game!

We do have a future expansion suggestion: we would love to see an expansion that would add two additional players (with rules to accommodate 6 players) , both with or without the moats. Also, we would love to see a tile or two representing something like a chapel. Third, wish that there were short versions of the hallways.

We play with some house rules sometimes as well, one is that when playing with the moat expansion, a player can purchase the matching foyer for the same price as a hallway, another is allowing the bedroom closure bonus to expand the game another turn, if a bedroom is closed off on the last "official" turn of the game, and this option could be continued for as long as bedroom tiles are closed off in the subsequent turns. This added a very interesting dynamic to the end game scoring strategy.

Just some suggestions, again... Great game, thanks for designing it!

Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco DeLaurentis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he was being sarcastic about the werewolves and vampires. He has made games centered around both.

I like a bunch of your ideas like the shorter hallway, but I'm not sure how a 6 player game would work. It seems a bit too many for what the game is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ward
msg tools
Marcodel wrote:
I think he was being sarcastic about the werewolves and vampires. He has made games centered around both.

I like a bunch of your ideas like the shorter hallway, but I'm not sure how a 6 player game would work. It seems a bit too many for what the game is.

We have played Castles with 2, 3, and 4 players. Each number of players adds or brings with it a different character to the game. So far, we prefer 4 players. 6 players would definitely bring a different dynamic, I am just asking for the option... And I think it would work with some rules and additional tiles, although we may not need new tiles as we are pulling three of each out every type for the moat expansion, could just leave them in for six players. I think we would only need the foyers, rubicons and 3 additional moats, along with the wooden markers, to allow for 6 players.

Apart from these suggestions, I don't know what else you could do to this game to improve it... It is so good just as it is!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would like to see added to any expansion, three more moat pieces.

Reason is, to have all four players start out with a completed moat forcing all players to fiercely compete for tiles that will fit their ever shrinking play area. A sort of tournament version of castles if you will.

We have played it two player and really like it! It really makes everyone think about what and where they build. Currently, you can only do this for up to 3 players. Just a wish for a simple variant add on to an already fantastically fun game!

Edit: I would also love to see the option for the 5th player as my group generally has 5, which pretty much rules this game out most game nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.