Medina» Forums » General

Subject: Rule problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Vandorffy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Unfortunately I only have the German edition of the game supplied with a pretty sloppy Hungarian translation. I checked out the English rules on this site, which were a great help, but I still have a couple of questions.

How many palaces can be out there? Is it restricted by the number of players? Let's say it's a four player game. There are 3 claimed and one unclaimed palaces. The unclaimed one is closed in so it is finished. Can I start to build a new palace of the same color, or should the remaining palace pieces be discarded? At some places the rule kind of implies that there will be four palaces of a given color, but if you stick to the rules there can be more than that.

And an other question. If I have two straight palaces separated by a strait street. The market goes through the street.
Do I score one for each inhabitant because they are next to a building I own?
Or do they add one to the value to each palace they touch?Effectively giving two points per inhabitant since each touches two of my palaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lee
United States
Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rule problems
vonDorffy (#21062),

There can be more palaces on the board than people playing the game.

Per the english rules: When there are no incomplete palaces of a color on the board, a player may begin a new palace of that color. (A palace is considered complete when it has a dome, or there is no legal space adjacent to a palace to place a palace piece.)

Inhabitant scoring is as follows per the rules: Each inhabitant that is orthagonally adjacent to a palace piece or stable is worth 1 point.

In your example they would each be worth 2 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joelee (#21067),

The English rules quoted here are the BSW version, not the Rio Grande Games version. In the original rules a palace is only complete if it has a dome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wrong. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.