Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Raid on St. Nazaire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stupid Question about Offboard Holding areas and Movement - ANSWERED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
Here's a stupid question that I probably have the answer to anyway:

The Northern and Western offboard Holding areas have a TRIPLE Line coming from them - which requires 3MF to traverse. If I roll a dr and the Germans get only TWO (or less) MFs that turn, I cannot move any units from those areas onto the board, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Stupid Question about Offboard Holding areas and Movement
That's right. So as your low-value SS units gather in the offboard areas they combine up into stronger units which are better able to use those 3MF lines.

I think it's also true that if you're trying to get commandos off the board via these areas, they would have to be strength 4 or more to use those lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
That's right. So as your low-value SS units gather in the offboard areas they combine up into stronger units which are better able to use those 3MF lines.

Awesome. thanks.
Quote:

I think it's also true that if you're trying to get commandos off the board via these areas, they would have to be strength 4 or more to use those lines.

Ah. Ok. I haven't gotten that far - I'll keep that in mind for later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.