Popular Tags: [View All]
Boris Berger
Germany
Eitensheim
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just want to let you Know that PG has run out of replacement boxes for Cthulhu wars Core Game.
So take good care of your boxes!!

Got mine a couple of days ago as part of the Onslought Two campaign. Unfortunately it was seriously damaged at the upper right corner.
When getting in contact with their Customer Service i was told that they ve run out for quite some time and they cannot foresee a certain Date when getting them back in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no!
I was hoping to be able to pick one up at Essen this year!

Ah well, by then they might have new ones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evaldas
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, the corner of my box is smashed, too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would take another empty box just to stuff all the expansions into. Any option to just buy a box to have an extra on hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Oh no!
I was hoping to be able to pick one up at Essen this year!

Ah well, by then they might have new ones...

I'm expecting them by Essen, hopefully.

We are simply going to print some extras as replacements when we produce O2 stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
Are the new boxes (to go with the remade inserts first seen in the French edition) the same size as the original boxes or are they smaller? If they are smaller, which size will be reprinted? Will people be able to get the new inserts to replace the old one if they want to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:
Are the new boxes (to go with the remade inserts first seen in the French edition) the same size as the original boxes or are they smaller? If they are smaller, which size will be reprinted? Will people be able to get the new inserts to replace the old one if they want to?

They will be like the VF box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
existoid wrote:
Void2258 wrote:

VF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version Francaise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:
existoid wrote:
Void2258 wrote:

VF?

Sorry, let me explain -

they're slightly smaller (very slightly), with an improved, and lighter, plastic tray system (two trays that stack on each other). The outside will be mostly identical - the bottom may have some different markings (for example, it won't have "KS first edition" on it). It won't have the backer names on it either, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I was hoping for Cthulhu Wars vs Virtua Fighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Sorry, let me explain -

they're slightly smaller (very slightly), with an improved, and lighter, plastic tray system (two trays that stack on each other). The outside will be mostly identical - the bottom may have some different markings (for example, it won't have "KS first edition" on it). It won't have the backer names on it either, for example.

I would like to purchase said box. Where can I send money?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
Ask me about Gladiators: Days of Blood and Glory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stickland
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Any hope of adding an "Empty Core Box" add-on to the pledge manager for os2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Murthwaite
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to add my name to the list of those who would like the new box and (more importantly) insert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kryzch
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Afrofrycook wrote:
existoid wrote:
Sorry, let me explain -

Wow. I wonder what would happen if we just added it as a SKU for like $7 to the PM? Good idea/bad idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Afrofrycook wrote:
existoid wrote:
Sorry, let me explain -

Wow. I wonder what would happen if we just added it as a SKU for like $7 to the PM? Good idea/bad idea?

I'd get one, particularly if it had the sexy new insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would buy one or two in a heart beat. It's something as simple as a box, but that's the storage solution I think alot of people have been looking for, especially for the expansions.

Also I imagine it would be cheap as hell to produce since you're already printing these up anyways, just tack on a few extra dozen/hundred. You would probably end up paying more to ship those out than whatever you're paying to manufacture them.

I imagine alot of people would end up just making foamcore inserts, so the plastic inserts wouldn't even be necessary, though some people may want those included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Afrofrycook wrote:
existoid wrote:
Sorry, let me explain -

Very good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jup, same here.
However, the biggest challenge will be packaging them so they arrive undamaged. Because if I purchase a box, I want it in best condition, of course...

However, I would DEFINITELY purchase at least one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
What are the dimensions of the new box vs the old box? Can the old box fit the new inserts or vice versa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:
What are the dimensions of the new box vs the old box? Can the old box fit the new inserts or vice versa?

the new is slightly smaller (like, a few mm I think), so the old box can definitely hold the new inserts. But the new one probably can't hold the old insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hobbs
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Void2258 wrote:

the new is slightly smaller (like, a few mm I think), so the old box can definitely hold the new inserts. But the new one probably can't hold the old insert.

Will the battlefoam custom Cthulhu Wars trays fit in the new box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jchobbs wrote:
existoid wrote:
Void2258 wrote:

Will the battlefoam custom Cthulhu Wars trays fit in the new box?

I don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.