BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Dice games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
What are some games that can be played with standard six sided dice that aren't necissarily betting or gambling games? Just looking something easy to play when we're out somewhere and need to pass some time just carrying some dice with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farkel?

That's all I can think of other than Yahtzee or Craps which is of course a gambling game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
D-Day Dice Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
D-Day Dice Game.

That's next to impossible to play with just some 6 sided dice, unless you somehow memorized the maps and imagine them on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenderbass124 wrote:
What are some games that can be played with standard six sided dice that aren't necissarily betting or gambling games? Just looking something easy to play when we're out somewhere and need to pass some time just carrying some dice with me.

Tenzi, but I don't really recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenderbass124 wrote:

Liar's Dice? If you have access to cups too, like at a bar/restaurant/picnic etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zilch and Sixes are both great if you've only got a few dice on you - we used to play them at school a fair bit. Unfortunately Sixes isn't on BGG (I'm unsure if it's a game that my friend just made up) but it's pretty simple to explain quickly.

Each player starts on 50 points.
On their turn a player rolls six dice and has to set at least one aside.
All dice that they didn't set aside, they re-roll - proceeding to set (at least) one other dice aside.
Once a player has decided to set their remaining dice aside, or is unable to re-roll any longer they add up the total of their dice.
For each point under 30 a player rolled with their dice, they subtract from their 50 points. I.e. A score of 25 would result in a reduction of 5 points.
For each point over 30 the player targets their opponents with that number. I.e. A score of 34 would lead to targeting their opponents with 4s.
They then roll all 6 dice, setting aside all dice displaying their "target number" and continue rolling the remainder of the dice until they cannot set aside a dice showing the target number.
Add up the total of all target dice rolled and subtract this from all opponents' 50 points.
Last player standing wins.

Turned out to be a little longer to explain via text than I though - apologies! But it's a decent way to waste some time if you only have a handful of dice at your disposal.

We also played a game we made up called Equilibrium that's a little more complex, but only uses 12 D6 - message me if you're interested and I'll try and explain it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamrick
United States
Moore
OK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.henceforthgame.com
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Fenderbass124 wrote:

Liar's Dice? If you have access to cups too, like at a bar/restaurant/picnic etc.

This is what I would recommend. I think the sets come in pretty easy to carry sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dice Games Properly Explained - get yourself a copy...

SUTAKKU - you can use regular dice to play this game, without the stacking element, just lay the dice side by side, with the numbers facing up..

+1 for Liars Dice..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.