Subject: Wanting to trade for assembled minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't have time or patience to assemble these. Does anyone want to trade their assembled minis for my unassembled minis plus cash? I have the base game, Alien Predalien, Alien Queen and UCSM power loader.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case you don't get an answer... assembling the entire set took me just about 30 minutes with just good old crazy glue...

I think it's going to take just about as much time to arrange something with someone and ship your package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started on the first one with plastic modeling glue and the legs just don't fit for me. I need a remedial class or something. I used to assemble GW crud all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do require more work than any GW stuff I've ever worked with before. That being said I quickly felt more comfortable with it after a few models. You will need to have good clippers, a small file set, and a sharp hobby knife. Honestly the shipping would be insane for these guys fully assembled, not to mention what kind of shape they would show up in as they are quite fragile, especially the aliens tails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
txaal wrote:
I started on the first one with plastic modeling glue and the legs just don't fit for me. I need a remedial class or something. I used to assemble GW crud all the time.

Make sure you're using the right kind of glue. You need to use a super glue. Also, you should wash to minis with soap and water first to remove the releasing agent or the glue may not hold. I used the thin super glue from citadel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Grumpae wrote:
txaal wrote:

Make sure you're using the right kind of glue. You need to use a super glue. Also, you should wash to minis with soap and water first to remove the releasing agent or the glue may not hold. I used the thin super glue from citadel.

Specifically, Cyanoacrylate glues (super glue, loctite, crazy glue, etc) work excellent on these models. I don't think you are going to find anyone wanting to trade, but there are painting services available that specialize in this sort of thing. It's worth looking into if you are serious.... Especially given that you will already be paying to ship twice under your current proposition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Dibrell
United States
Klamath Falls
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are you looking for just assembled or assembled and painted? I ask because I might be able to help you. However, I would only be looking to trade the base game figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've assembled and painted a lot of minis, and though I am not an expert, these are the toughest I've ever seen. It took me about 1.5 hours to assemble them off the stands, and I've put about a day of work over a few days to gradually paint them. Using a very dark blue gloss spray paint works pretty well for the Aliens (they're all basically that color). The Marines and Predators are more difficult but there are only 8 of them total.

I'm using a spray stone texture paint on the stands. I had to fill in the large bases' slot with epoxy clay before using the spray stone. It looks reasonably good and is easy.

I'll then use short sprays of an acrylic spray after painting the marines and predators to give it a vaguely shiny surface appearance.

I've had to rely on simple techniques because I just don't have the skill to make them look like professionals do. But they come out reasonably well (so far anyway).

You can do it too, but it will take considerable time. I can understand how someone might buy a board game and then look in dismay at what you get in the box. Mini gamers have different expectations than board gamers.

These are still being painted but you can get an idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.