Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael B
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently re-examining my TMNT pledge. I am on the fence...why should I keep my pledge here...guess I am looking for something I don't currently have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Parham
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an early bird pledge and I will likely drop it before the end. Sorry, I can't convince you if I can't even convince myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be honest that the only reason I have not cancelled my pledge is because I really enjoy the TMNT universe. So far, there has been nothing unique to really keep me pledged, so I may or may not cancel on the last day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
eggroll20xd6 wrote:
I'll be honest that the only reason I have not cancelled my pledge is because I really enjoy the TMNT universe. So far, there has been nothing unique to really keep me pledged, so I may or may not cancel on the last day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boeck
United States
Eureka
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way 2,000 people are going to stay in the Works pledge, right? Just no value in that right now and I'm not sure we are going to see a lot more steam in this campaign. I worry a lot is going to drop in last 3 days of campaign. Holding my EB because my son and I love TMNT but still on the fence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Stoner
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I found my play of this game to be extremely fun. It's a solid tactical miniature 1 vs many game. The back and forth play reminded me of Imerisl Assault (which I also love) and the combat reminded me of Hero Quest (huge nostalgic value for me). The dice sharing mechanic is slick and really adds to the teamwork feeling between the turtles. Can't speak to the villain player, but it did look like he had some interesting decisions to make.

But really it comes down to a solid 1 vs many campaign game with some innovative dice mechanics set in the IDW TNNT universe. If you like the IP and like this style of game you will love this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Also teetering on the edge. I'm hanging on thus far because of my love of TMNT growing up... also because of the IDW promises/hints interesting upcoming SGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I can convince you. I have an early bird and I am likely going to drop out. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt until the last day only because of nostalgia. I am not confident in production quality and most if not all missions just being two boards has me uneasy. It could turn out to be a great game, but I have Imperial Assault, Mice and Mystics, The Others, and Conan (all but one is a 1 vs many)and if I set nostalgia aside, I do not see what this brings as far as major gameplay differences or value before retail. But again, not giving up my EB yet. The nostalgia is strong, but only for the cartoon and movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Porter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just wait till the end and see how far it goes, if your not satisfied on the last day then drop out. No reason to drop out before, it costs you nothing, but hurts other in the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Littell
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if I can convince you but I will do my best to explain why I am excited.

I have loved the Turtles since I was a child and have continued that love to this day. I am a huge fan of the current IDW run and hope that this campaign will cause more people to look into it. The scenarios are going to be based around the comic which makes me that much more excited. I know the characters and the rolls they play. I am excited to go up against Alopex and Old Hob or potentially play as them to take down the Turtles and Co. I think Eastman is writing better now than he was back in the day.

On the gameplay side, I am a fan of the big box, miniature based, story driven games. I like the idea that the bad guy is a person instead of just a deck of cards. I also like that this game tries to make it even more cooperative with the dice mechanic. Kevin Wilson has turned out some great games. They may have previously had more fidly bits than needed, they were still great. Arkham Horror was my first jump into modern gaming and I have been thankful for that ever since.

Saying that, I trust the game designer and story writer. For me, the base game is enough and everything after is just icing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I love TMNT. From the video and the rules, I think this is going to be a great game. The campaign may not be great, but I think it has done many good things, too.

Sure, we're not unlocking CMON levels of SGs, but many of the things we have unlocked are backer requests. And while we may not be unlocking a ton of stuff, I'm confident that i'll be able to sell the stuff I don't want in order to lessen the financial cost of what I do. So, post-ebay, I think I'll be getting a good price for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any ONE or more of the following are true, get it:
You love TMNT
You are interested in new coop dice mechanics
You don't already have a campaign dice game
You are simply tired of Space and d&desque Fantasy themed board games

For me, it's all of the above. For some, it might only be one. For others, none of these are enough. And that's okay. I do hope I've convinced you, mostly so that you guys don't go lowering the rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
I don't think I can convince you. I have an early bird and I am likely going to drop out. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt until the last day only because of nostalgia. I am not confident in production quality and most if not all missions just being two boards has me uneasy. It could turn out to be a great game, but I have Imperial Assault, Mice and Mystics, The Others, and Conan (all but one is a 1 vs many)and if I set nostalgia aside, I do not see what this brings as far as major gameplay differences or value before retail. But again, not giving up my EB yet. The nostalgia is strong, but only for the cartoon and movies.

That is exactly what I mean, I have all of those and I am hoping for something new...but love the nostalgia factor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also add that I've started reading the comics since this campaign started. Had no idea who Hob and Alopex were, so I was less than excited about them. Having now read their stories, I'm much more excited about getting them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohner68 wrote:
fubarbox wrote:

That is exactly what I mean, I have all of those and I am hoping for something new...but love the nostalgia factor

To be honest I need a good gameplay video. The one they did was not good. Too much time was spent with the gameplay muted (also hated that a good part of the screen was ads) and to be honest you could not tell what was going on in detail because of the camera set up. It just made it hard to follow for me. When I compare it to the other 1 vs mini games I have or will have soon, the only thing that stands out so far is the nostalgic theme and the coop dice (love that idea).

That said, the $90 tier (so far) is wait for retail for me. It will end up being the same price or slightly cheaper (considering shipping), with the only disadvantage being that I will need to wait for 2 alternate sculpts. When it comes to the $150 tier, I need to be Conan Kings Pledge ($125 /w 105 miniatures/29 different sculpts before stretch goals) or even just Black Plague (same price) excited/valued and even with the nostalgia, I am not feeling it yet.

I guess it's a combination of currently not seeing the value compared to other KS (been in over 70) and feeling like I have games that do it better/ in a more epic feeling way. I wish I did not feel that way and hope it changes before the end so I do not give up my EB, but its where I am at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit I was very hesitant of the Dice mechanic. I mean, rolling for your actions seemed weak, instead of just the usual "here's what you can do, now pick two and play your turn". But it plays very well, and the dice-sharing part of it adds a great level of strategic team play that just fits the turtles theme nicely. The use of comics to set the stage for each scenario is the icing on the cake. A highly thematic game, top notch semi-coop game. I can't wait for the final product.

Having said that, I do agree there should be more for the kickstarters. There's not much over normal retail right now

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+
TMNT.
Kevin Wilson.
Dice Sharing mechanic sounds fun.

-
No miniature protos, not even resin masters.
Miniature renders look like crap.
Crap Stretch Goals (500k = 4 cards. WOW.)
Fake stretch goals leave a bad taste (double-sided pizza tokens!)
Tiles are thin card stock if 12, only thicker if they do 6 double-sided instead.
Every campaign is exactly two tiles.
No shipping info for AU.
Tiny lithographs are worthless to me (they need to fit in the box).
Likely cheaper at retail.
Poor value vs. other kickstarters (Conan, Myth, anything CMoN, etc.).

I'm an EB pledger but might jump ship in the last 24.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped my EB. The game is about the IDW TMNT, and I followed the original Mirage comics, so I'm not familiar with the new characters. I'm fine with Splinter and the Mousers at the $80 level, but not $140. A friend picked up an EB, so I'll play his copy.

With all that said, Amazon's selling the first volume of the IDW series for $10 and I just bought a copy. Also, I'm backing the Acheson Creations miniatures KS so I can get a "miniature" of some lizardmen riding on a frickin' stegosaurus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, I'd just say to at least hold on until the update today when they reveal the next stretch goal. IDW have said that they have more than 2 miniatures additions planned besides the heavy hints at Bebop & Rocksteady.

If none of that floats your boat then just wait for retail. It seems to me that the Kickstarter was a way to boost the initial retail offering but also, since they intend it to be a flagship series, get a feel for what people really want (Bebop & Rocksteady and lots more plastic). That way, they know how best to support the game in the long term. This isn't some quick IP-based cash-grab, and it was in fact Kevin Wilson who approached IDW about making the game.

I'm thrilled with the look and mechanics, and I'm confident even more value will be added. I'm happy to support the company and designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
eggroll20xd6 wrote:

+1

pros: TMNT

cons: crap content, poor miniatures design, fake SGs, cash grab, and worse: backers made to pay pay/offset the expensive licence when this should have been factored into the capital, bad business practice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks a fun game, an interesting design, and with great flavour.

It is not at a good price and the campaign has not been done well, lacking a lot of vital information and with underwhelming stretch goals.

There's time for it to turn around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a fun game and the IDW TMNT series is amazing. I grew up on the original Eastman and Laird comics and this reboot is by far my favorite. I also love the original TV show, movies and the new 2012 TMNT show. Seriously kicking foot with my friends sounds like a blast.

I think Imperial Assault is a more rock solid design but this seems different enough to be worth owning both. IA is more goal based and combat is required but tangential. TMNT seems to be the brawler game my play group sometimes wishes IA was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HotHeart wrote:
IDW have said that they have more than 2 miniatures additions planned besides the heavy hints at Bebop & Rocksteady.

Except the stretch goal values will be so inflated it's going to be worthless. I'd be surprised if they don't set the goal at +50-100k higher than the last stretch goal. At the current pace of the revenue income and the crawling growth in backers (mostly due to community feedback like this), the stretch goals will not be achieved and this carrot-on-a-stick they're holding out will be for naught.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if a bunch of people drop out is it possible they will take back stretch goals (ie re-lock them)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.