Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Perez
United States
Meriden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on a Commissioned question roll tonight, so I may as well keep it going.

The card says "only 1 move/ move action per turn." Does that mean that I can never get another move in a turn (which makes James basically useless until he can clean his deck)? Or can I still add moves with cards?

Does Paul need to make mission moves in order to move, or are his moves special? I just set up a game and got hit with Nero's Rage on my first turn, which took out the possibility of a mission move. Did I just lose (since, if there is really only one move per turn, the scenario is designed for Paul to move to Rome on the last Trial card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Appeal to Caesar scenario starts with a move default of 1 move per move action (instead of 2). You can still add extra moves. Paul's moves are mission or fellowship moves based on whether or not a church is already established in the location to which he is moving. Cards like Carried Off by the Spirit can significantly impact that scenario. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Perez
United States
Meriden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Carried Off By the Spirit be used as a shortcut for Paul to get to Rome? I thought he had to hit all the stops listed on the journey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can if a church has already been established there. The Carried off card will let him jump to any city in his region or any church on the board. Where he jumps, however must be in his approved routing. Make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WardenF16 wrote:
It can if a church has already been established there. The Carried off card will let him jump to any city in his region or any church on the board. Where he jumps, however must be in his approved routing. Make sense?

The card must also be played when Paul is the elder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Perez
United States
Meriden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. I can't establish a church in, say, Carthage and send Paul there because it's not on his route. However, I find that being able to use that card makes the scenario really easy, regardless. It's not hard to establish a church somewhere in Italy from Corinth. A few turns of deck building gets you the cards you need (Carried, Convert City Leaders, and Crowd Accepts Faith, for example) to teleport Paul and win. I played again without the teleport, and it was much more challenging and satisfying.

Thanks for answering all of my questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you may be right as far as the two player scenario. With more than 2 players, the reduced number of turns Paul gets and the slower rate of deck cycling can make that scenario increasingly difficult. We did our best to make the difficulty scale pretty evenly through most of the scenarios, but that one is an outlier. Glad you found a house rule to make it more challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Simmons
msg tools
So, using normal Mission and Fellowship moves, can Paul take the ship from Crete to Syracuse, bypassing Cyrene?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.