Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased Viticulture Essential Edition primarily as a game to play with my wife. However, one of the pleasant surprises for me has been the very fun Automa solo system.

I am currently working my way through the campaign as a part of a 10x10 solo challenge, but I have a question regarding level 2 of the campaign. In this level, you are only ever allowed 2 regular workers (not counting grande or temporary), but you can take the bonus actions of actions that aren't occupied by the Automa. You are also not allowed to use bonus tokens taken off the wakeup chart.

I lost this level on my first attempt, and the normal protocol would be to give myself a bonus token and play again. However, bonus tokens cannot be used at this level.

Are these "extra" bonus tokens from losing allowed? Maybe they could be cashed in if my Grande worker is being used to place on an Automa occupied spot? Part of me just wants to beat it without any help, but I wanted to clarify the intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
I purchased Viticulture Essential Edition primarily as a game to play with my wife. However, one of the pleasant surprises for me has been the very fun Automa solo system.

I am currently working my way through the campaign as a part of a 10x10 solo challenge, but I have a question regarding level 2 of the campaign. In this level, you are only ever allowed 2 regular workers (not counting grande or temporary), but you can take the bonus actions of actions that aren't occupied by the Automa. You are also not allowed to use bonus tokens taken off the wakeup chart.

I lost this level on my first attempt, and the normal protocol would be to give myself a bonus token and play again. However, bonus tokens cannot be used at this level.

Are these "extra" bonus tokens from losing allowed? Maybe they could be cashed in if my Grande worker is being used to place on an Automa occupied spot? Part of me just wants to beat it without any help, but I wanted to clarify the intent.

My intention was that you can't use bonus action tokens at all in level 2 of the campaign - that includes the ones you get for losing.

To be honest, though, I like your suggestion of allowing the campaign bonus action tokens to be used with the grande better than I like my own rule, so I recommend going with your suggestion and ignore the rulebook on this .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply Morten. You did a wonderful job with the Automa solo variant (det er meget sjovt). I am really enjoying it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply Morten. You did a wonderful job with the Automa solo variant (det er meget sjovt). I am really enjoying it

Thank you (det er jeg glad for at høre ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.