7 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Strategy

Subject: A team and B team or two A teams? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I was wondering how everyone runs their hunting parties. Do you have a single team who does all of the hunting, with a few spares to sub in when one of the A team is injured or being secretive?

Or do you rotate the hunting between the whole settlement?

The first method enables quick weapon mastery (I always aim for fist mastery)

However the second method means you are less likely to lose a key member to a bad hunt, a random murder or the twilight knight.

I normally go for a single A team and sub as needed. However a recent murder means I have lost one member and one of the next two most experienced (great weapon and fists both 3 away from mastery) is likely to get the twilight sword in two hunts time, meaning they will need to switch training if I want to keep them alive. As such I am thinking of rotating hunt duties in my next settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We rotate a lot, depending on a monster we face, current disorders, penalties, bonuses.

Our best fighters close to Mastery were always killed by Settlement events, so we have decided to do our best with tactical choices, ie. current battle. Saviours are being trained for Nemesis fights and then remain as reserves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much the same here. We sacrifice the disabled in nemesis encounters we know we can't win and rotate out people with a pair of folks who are working on their masters...... Yeah, it sounds callous doesn't it.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Addison
msg tools
I'm still a KD:M rookie doing one A team with subs. I can see the benefit of 2 Teams tho, gives you options based on fighting styles and disorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been doing primarily one team, but think we're going to change that up. It's been way too easy to have our best people selected by a fatal event and when the gap between one's best and second best is large, then that's a huge blow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartley
msg tools
One A team, occasional hunts of level 1 lions to give newbies experience, then they are enrolled for the A team as members die, cripple or age out.

Lots of level 1 lions to get a proper A team.

The sets of armor and best weapons are on the A team.

spoiler........................................................

by avoiding the lantern guidepost we survive to change the A team [clinging mist] to new settlements, basically resetting the timeline and improving both A team members and armor/weapon sets. Superheroes and sacrifice - keep the line of settlements going and the watcher encounter away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van Loon
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mb
My group isn't that far yet to consider 'teams', but in my solo campaign I didn't use a fixed team. For each encounter I took the individuals who mostly suited the challenge. Things I considder are
- survival supply
- disorders
- prefered weapons for the fight (as in some encounters benefit from high speed, some don't etc)

What I do try is to get as much weapon proficiency points in as possible. For a relative easy encounter I rather choose to not age up my axe master and instead try to skill up a more rookie character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.