Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One question regarding the reference sheet:

the Warata industries card (10) says:
loose two fame points if able: draw 1 red or 2 yellow cards.

If I explore this location right in the beginning of the game and have no fame points, can I just draw a red or 2 yellow cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can not.
If you don't have at least two fame points, you are unable to pay (loose) them and you cannot get the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well that makes sense; however, why does it say "if able"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say poor wording or bad translation from Polish language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Mydel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a poor translation. This "if able" part actually is there to indicate that you only lose 2 REP "if able". If you don't have any REP, you can use Warata and lose nothing.

Warata Industries is a huge, former coal port so your character works his ass off there and gets good things. If he is not known in the Waste, he loses nothing.

But if he has REP it means he has made a name and people start looking at him like: "Why are you working here? You should be out there killing monsters or something... You know, doing hero stuff..."

So actually Warata Industries is a great place to go early in the game and quickly get a few good items. On the other hand, it has 2 skulls so going there for a rookie knight means taking a big risk... As always in WK, it's your choice where to go. You might as well try going to Cerbero Tower, the items aren't so good but the risk is lower and you will not lose any REP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which would be the proper interpretation?

1. Do I only lose two rep if I have 2+ rep, thus losing no rep if I have none or only 1?

2. Do I lose up to two rep, ie: 0, 1 or 2 depending on how much I have?

Thanks!
(I'm pretty sure it's option 2, but if you're being literal then option 1 is correct.)

The devil's in the wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so I'm clear on this. A Knight could just sit on Warata Industries without any reputation, turn after turn, face no Wasteland Cards and just keep collecting Red item cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that way given the previous poster.
But a game doesnt last long generally so using too much time on this instead of quests may lose you the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.