Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious - Rahdo seemed to think it was fairly cutthroat.

He also had the idea of a co-op variant, and I think it's a great one. Has there been any word on if Scott was going consider it? Is there a way for both players to play against Junior in the solo mode?

This has been on my radar for a long time, and I love Scott's games. Everything about this game seems right up my alley, except the cutthroat nature of it.

(Having not played it, I'm going off of Rahdo's runthrough, so perhaps the final rules aren't as cutthroat?)

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stegmaier
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didnt find it too cut-throat. Granted I only played it once with my Brother-in-law. It is possible to mess up another person's game, by your choices, but I wouldnt consider it a heavy cut-thoat game. More of a light cut-throat, but I guess it would depend on who you play with.

Dont know about co-op varient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if you want to really study and analyze others' apparent plans, you probably could make a good run at foiling their plans, but you usually can't unless you've got the necessary parts, or enough of them, already. Even Mamma Mia! allows for more intentional sabotage than this game; however, like Paul said, you'll trip each other plenty anyway….
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Just curious - Rahdo seemed to think it was fairly cutthroat.

He also had the idea of a co-op variant, and I think it's a great one. Has there been any word on if Scott was going consider it? Is there a way for both players to play against Junior in the solo mode?

This has been on my radar for a long time, and I love Scott's games. Everything about this game seems right up my alley, except the cutthroat nature of it.

(Having not played it, I'm going off of Rahdo's runthrough, so perhaps the final rules aren't as cutthroat?)

Thanks!

The game is really tight on resources, so it's cutthroat by nature -- as soon as you take something, you could very well screw someone else up inadvertently. I think the game is really fun and thinky, but it takes a lot of balancing in your head to figure out what you're going to do, and when some one else poaches that resource you thought you were getting. OOF.

My wife doesn't like games with much conflict and she REALLY dislikes this game (as in, after our last game, she said "Well, I'm never playing THAT again." soblue ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.