Subject: $38 funding goal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyrus Tucker
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this some kind of joke? I can't wait to see the designers try to cut and run with the money by claiming they didn't set funding high enough to actually produce the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkingConduit wrote:
Is this some kind of joke? I can't wait to see the designers try to cut and run with the money by claiming they didn't set funding high enough to actually produce the game.

Joe Magic has been doing super low funding goals for a while. I've done 2 or 3 of them and never had issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is he's already got the game pretty much funded, but is looking for additional funding to finalize things or get a production run going. Put in a low funded amount so he just needs one order to lock it in. No worry about having to cancel the funding campaign because the goal wasn't met. Collects whatever was pledged, finishes up the game and moves on to the next. It's actually not a bad strategy, if he's got the game pretty much ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus Tucker
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
My guess is he's already got the game pretty much funded, but is looking for additional funding to finalize things or get a production run going. Put in a low funded amount so he just needs one order to lock it in. No worry about having to cancel the funding campaign because the goal wasn't met. Collects whatever was pledged, finishes up the game and moves on to the next. It's actually not a bad strategy, if he's got the game pretty much ready to go.

I suppose this is possible. It just seems like a path fraught with peril. If he gets some demand, but not much, will he really be able to cover the costs of a print run at $38 a pop? Like say if a typical print run is 500 or 1000 but he only gets 100 backers. That seems like it would cost a lot more per unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hanny
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We welcome all skeptics!
Here is a note from a recent supporter:

"Hi Mark,

The games were delivered on the 14th, but I was out of town until yesterday, which is why this comes almost a week late. Mark, I'm speechless. The cards are beyond my wildest expectations. Thank goodness they're so very sturdy or I'd have already worn out a deck! I'm so looking forward to springing this on the kids next weekend. I'm betting their heads will explode!

And on top of that, there's the extras. Mark, you are beyond generous. Please know that you have my utmost appreciation, more than words can express.

My very best wishes to you and yours for the holidays and always"

A $38 goal would imply there's some kind of magic at work here....hmmm.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/628734072/the-endless-l...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.