Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Wiggins
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few little niggling rules I would like clarified after my first play.
1. When someone achieves the 'First Billboard' Milestone and gains infinite advertising do they also get to advertise other things infinitely?
2. Is that person and any other marketing person permanently busy and thus incapable of being fired?
3. Does this infinite ability provided the answer to 1 is 'yes' combo with the 'First Radio' milestone be combined?
4. Can these infinite marketing tactics ever be changed?
5. When someone advertises something and places the tactic on the board do they decide then what to advertise or during the 'run marketing campaign phase?'
6. Can they run less than the max amount of advertising?
7. Can they end a marketing campaign early?
8. If someone markets turn 2 and advertises pizza which is now infinite will that house each turn accumulate pizza until it reaches the 3/5 max making it unable to be satisfied turn 3 by the person that advertised it?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeWiggins wrote:
1. When someone achieves the 'First Billboard' Milestone and gains infinite advertising do they also get to advertise other things infinitely?

All of their campaigns last forever, regardless of their type.

JoeWiggins wrote:
2. Is that person and any other marketing person permanently busy and thus incapable of being fired?

Correct.

JoeWiggins wrote:
3. Does this infinite ability provided the answer to 1 is 'yes' combo with the 'First Radio' milestone be combined?

Yes, your radio campaign will both last forever and place 2 demand tokens each turn.

JoeWiggins wrote:

Nope. Choose carefully

JoeWiggins wrote:
5. When someone advertises something and places the tactic on the board do they decide then what to advertise or during the 'run marketing campaign phase?'

They choose what to market when they place the campaign ("Working 9 to 5")

JoeWiggins wrote:

Except for the infinite marketing (first billboard) milestone, you may choose any duration of at least 1 and at most the maximum (latter depends on the marketer used).

JoeWiggins wrote:

No. The campaign remains even if they fire a busy marketer (after firing all other salary employees and still being unable to pay the marketer's salary)

JoeWiggins wrote:
8. If someone markets turn 2 and advertises pizza which is now infinite will that house each turn accumulate pizza until it reaches the 3/5 max making it unable to be satisfied turn 3 by the person that advertised it?
Yes, demand will "pile up" each turn until someone makes a successful sale. Whether a sale happens is purely a question of whether there's a restaurant with the demanded food+drink with an entrance reachable via a road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janeck Jensen
Denmark
Odense SV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, all marketing will be eternal.
2. Yes, they can only be fired if you have no money to pay their salary.
3. Sure can.
4. No, so be careful.
5. You decide when you place the marketing.
6. Only if the marketing campaign isn't eternal.
7. No.
8. I'm not quite sure what the question is here. Demand will keep building up until someone sells them as much pizza as they want.

Hope I got this right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Crowthers
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
yes so long as the thing they are advertising has an infinite symbol, some things like most mail boxes, and one of the radio towers do not have this and so they are not infinite. i think this is because of their small size or low number. as an example the 1 radio has no infinity symbol but the 2 and 3 do and that is because the 1 would be marketed first.

if the marketer is infinite then this person is always busy and because he has no wage, and it does not need to go into your corporate structure there is really no need to fire him, however if you read the part about firing i think you could fire him but would also lose you billboard or whatever.

yes i believe it does but only on future ads not on those already out there.

no i only think through firing an employee could you get rid of an ad.

i don't know if this is expressly mentioned in the rule book but i am pretty sure you pic what you are marketing when you place the sign, then during marketing you take off one of the coke or pizza markers and fill all the applicable houses with the type of advertising.

yes the duration is the max duration, meaning that you can do less than the most. i do not believe this applies to infinite ads, i think the only way to get rid of those is to fire your marketer.

unless i understood 6 wrong i think this is the same question, if i did than the answer for 6 is actually the answer for 7 and i did not understand 6

no a house does not accumulate desire for a product over each turn, you would need multiple ads or an add advertising more than one thing in order to increase a houses desire for a product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wiggins
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we played everything correctly! Phew! There's just a lot of ambiguity in the rules and FAQ's thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Crowthers
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
i was wrong about the firing of marketers, i just saw on another post that even if that marketer is fired his campaign goes on, and this was from splotter themselves. so as far as i can tell and eternal ad is an eternal ad for ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be a couple different answers for question 8. Any reference to this in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Weirdlife wrote:
yes so long as the thing they are advertising has an infinite symbol, some things like most mail boxes, and one of the radio towers do not have this and so they are not infinite. i think this is because of their small size or low number. as an example the 1 radio has no infinity symbol but the 2 and 3 do and that is because the 1 would be marketed first.

All marketing objects should have an infinity symbol: it was a printing error where a few did not. Splotter has put together a fix kit for those who bought an early printing of the game with this error.

Quote:

if the marketer is infinite then this person is always busy and because he has no wage, and it does not need to go into your corporate structure there is really no need to fire him, however if you read the part about firing i think you could fire him but would also lose you billboard or whatever.

You cannot fire this marketer. No marketer who is busy can be fired unless that is the only way for you to pay salaries: that is not possible here as these marketers do not require any salaries.

Quote:

no i only think through firing an employee could you get rid of an ad.

Per above: no firing and these campaigns can never be changed.

Quote:

unless i understood 6 wrong i think this is the same question, if i did than the answer for 6 is actually the answer for 7 and i did not understand 6

Not the same question. When you place the billboard/mailbox/airplane/radio, you decide how long the campaign will run. It need not be the maximum. But once placed, the campaign will by necessity run as long as you originally decided and cannot be stopped prematurely.

Quote:

no a house does not accumulate desire for a product over each turn, you would need multiple ads or an add advertising more than one thing in order to increase a houses desire for a product.

This is just incorrect. You increase demand for the product you are marketing at each impacted house, regardless of what demand the house had prior to the campaign firing each round. The only constraint is that of max 3/5 pieces of total demand at a house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's only a null-reference in the rules: Nothing takes demand off of houses except for people eating. Ergo, if they get advertised at over multiple turns without eating dinner they accumulate demand. (This is correctly implemented at boardgamecore.net, btw.)

OP: If you advertise turn two, on turn three they'll have one demand marker, and on turn four they'll have two. You can generally hire the food/drink producer the turn you play the advert and have him ready to go by the time they're hungry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weirdlife wrote:
i was wrong about the firing of marketers, i just saw on another post that even if that marketer is fired his campaign goes on, and this was from splotter themselves. so as far as i can tell and eternal ad is an eternal ad for ever.

You can never fire an eternal marketer though. The only way to fire a busy one is to be forced to by having no money at all and not being able to pay them. The infinite marketing milestone also makes marketers free, so you would never need to pay them and therefore be able to fire them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Crowthers
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
i can see no where in the rules that says demand piles up. and what happened if more things are added to the house? does billboard 7 that was played 2 turns ago out rank a radio station level 2? what happens if the ad is finished does the demand sit there until it is filled? i can't find anywhere in the rules that mention this. also i have not heard about this fix being sent out for the marketing tiles missing the infinity symbols, but i like that some of them are not eternal especially if they have an added bonus like being a better size or a lower number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weirdlife wrote:
i can see no where in the rules that says demand piles up. and what happened if more things are added to the house? does billboard 7 that was played 2 turns ago out rank a radio station level 2? what happens if the ad is finished does the demand sit there until it is filled? i can't find anywhere in the rules that mention this. also i have not heard about this fix being sent out for the marketing tiles missing the infinity symbols, but i like that some of them are not eternal especially if they have an added bonus like being a better size or a lower number.

Each marketing campaign trigger from lower number first so radio trigger before billboard 7. Each house will get demand token until they reach max 3 or 5 with garden. If there are any leftover demands from previous turn just stay and count towards the limit. So if house had pizza from previous turn that wasn't satisfied. This turn it'll get another pizza from billboard 7. If radio 2 is within range and advertising Coke. The house will now have pizza Coke and pizza. Or pizza and two Coke with radio milestone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Lastri
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:

[...]Phase 6: Marketing campaigns
In this phase, all marketing campaigns run. This happens in the order
of the numbers printed on the campaigns, with the lowest number first
.[...]
If a campaign reaches a house that is already filled with marketing tokens,
it has no effect on that house
.[...]
Advertising tokens that have been placed on campaigns, and marketing
tokens that have been placed on houses remain on the board.[...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Crowthers
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
I just looked at my rule book and that last part is not in phase 6. I would really like splitter to weigh in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The third printing rulebook has some (small) clarifications including this one; and is available in the files section here on BGG.

NikolasCo wrote:
JoeWiggins wrote:

All of their campaigns last forever, regardless of their type.

JoeWiggins wrote:

Correct.

JoeWiggins wrote:

Yes, your radio campaign will both last forever and place 2 demand tokens each turn.

JoeWiggins wrote:

Nope. Choose carefully

JoeWiggins wrote:

They choose what to market when they place the campaign ("Working 9 to 5")

JoeWiggins wrote:

Except for the infinite marketing (first billboard) milestone, you may choose any duration of at least 1 and at most the maximum (latter depends on the marketer used).

JoeWiggins wrote:

No. The campaign remains even if they fire a busy marketer (after firing all other salary employees and still being unable to pay the marketer's salary)

JoeWiggins wrote:
Yes, demand will "pile up" each turn until someone makes a successful sale. Whether a sale happens is purely a question of whether there's a restaurant with the demanded food+drink with an entrance reachable via a road.

Nicolas's answers are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.