Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Offensive abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
I tired to use "search" but I found nothing in the subject.

I find a bit confusing FAQ and Lost Legion rules.

According to FAQ each color of attack is ability. Special types of attack are not abilities.

According to Lost Legion Ice Attack, Fire Attack, Ice Cold Attack, Summon Attack and Multiple Attacks are not offensive abilities.
Also Lost Legion last page mention Multiple Attacks as ability.

So which one are the abilities? Especially is Multiple Attack an ability?

Quote:
Could you explain the stronger effect of Tovak’s Cold Toughness a bit better?
Note that the wording on this card was changed in Lost Legion, and a new card printed. The
version from the base game gave +1 for each resistance, but since resistances are defensive
abilities, they were giving +1 anyway, so the ‘resistance’ wording was not needed.
You get Ice Block 5 and then an additional 1 point of Ice Block for each ability the
enemy has (Swift, Brutal, Paralyze, Poison, Fortified, Unfortified, Assassinate,
Cumbersome, Elusive, Fire resistance, Ice resistance, Physical resistance and +1 for
each color of attack (Ice, Fire). Note that Cold Fire attack is two colors.
As per the Lost Legion rulebook, special types of attack are not abilities.

Quote:
For the purposes of some effects (Wolfhawk’s Know Your Prey
Skill or Tovak’s Cold Toughness card), we need to define what is
an enemy token ability. In the overview of the base game, attack
types are wrongly listed under offensive abilities. We apologize
for confusion – in fact, Ice Attack, Fire Attack, Ice Cold Attack,
Summon Attack and Multiple Attacks are types of attack, not
offensive abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
I tired to use "search" but I found nothing in the subject.

I find a bit confusing FAQ and Lost Legion rules.

According to FAQ each color of attack is ability. Special types of attack are not abilities.

According to Lost Legion Ice Attack, Fire Attack, Ice Cold Attack, Summon Attack and Multiple Attacks are not offensive abilities.
Also Lost Legion last page mention Multiple Attacks as ability.

So which one are the abilities? Especially is Multiple Attack an ability?

The Lost Legion rules override the FAQ, acknowledging the previous errors. According to the LL rulebook:

- Multiple attacks are not an offensive ability; they are just multiple attacks that have to be blocked individually and, if unblocked, assigned separately.
- Attack elements (colors) are not an offensive ability. For this reason, the Cold Toughness clearly states "or color of attack".
- Summon Attack is not an offensive ability. It's just a special type of attack.
- Offensive abilities are: Swift, Brutal, Poison, Paralyze, Assassination, Cumbersome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.