Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this expansion worth getting immediately, or is there enough meat on the base game that this expansion is only for the hardcore R&B players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UanarchyK wrote:
Is this expansion worth getting immediately, or is there enough meat on the base game that this expansion is only for the hardcore R&B players?
For me, there is definitely enough in the base game to keep you busy for a while. Having said that, unless I am introducing new people to the game, I always play with the expansion. It has so much more wonderful stuff, including another path to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
[thread=62656][/thread]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
[thread=62656][/thread]

Yes, I read that thread before posting. It says nothing of its worth in terms of gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I really like R&B, there's far enough meat in the base game to keep you busy for a moment.
I've got the expansion, I played it a few times (not all the modules), but most of time, when introducing the game to new players or playing for the second or third time, the base game is more than enough.
So yes, I'd say it's for the R&B die-hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toooooof wrote:
While I really like R&B, there's far enough meat in the base game to keep you busy for a moment.
I've got the expansion, I played it a few times (not all the modules), but most of time, when introducing the game to new players or playing for the second or third time, the base game is more than enough.
So yes, I'd say it's for the R&B die-hard.

Thanks! I'll hold off, then. It doesn't look like the expansion is going to sell out any time very soon. So I'll play a few more and see how I feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.