Popular Tags: [View All]
marco pelan
Italy
milano
mi
flag msg tools
hello
i have two questions:

1) At the beginning of the campaign with how many resources start the nations?
for example japan .... the WD chart says that it starts with 3 resources and 1 oil (from Usa) so they are immediately available? or only during the Built phase?
for example if they are immdediately availalable at the end of the turn japan will have 6 resources and 2 oil (in this example japan will no spend oil for blitzes and resouces for unit and gains no enemy res/oil)?

2) if for example japan conquer an area with a factory it gains a victory point but the nation who lose it has some special penalty? (i did not find anything in the rules)

thx

marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco pelan
Italy
milano
mi
flag msg tools
i found in another tread the answer of point 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
marco2marzo wrote:
hello
i have two questions:

1) At the beginning of the campaign with how many resources start the nations?
for example japan .... the WD chart says that it starts with 3 resources and 1 oil (from Usa) so they are immediately available? or only during the Built phase?
for example if they are immdediately availalable at the end of the turn japan will have 6 resources and 2 oil (in this example japan will no spend oil for blitzes and resouces for unit and gains no enemy res/oil)?

2) if for example japan conquer an area with a factory it gains a victory point but the nation who lose it has some special penalty? (i did not find anything in the rules)

thx

marco

Hi Marco,

1) The Resources and Oil listed under At Start / Trade are those available at the start of a full game. So Japan has 3 Resources and 1 Oil available at the start of Turn 1. (Possibly by the end of Turn 1, they may have taken something else in addition!) Control of Resources & Oil is counted for this turn's production during the Turn End Activities.

2) If Japan takes control of a Factory (Canton is the obvious one) then Japan gains 1 Victory Point for doing so. There are no economic effects for taking control or, or losing control of, a Factory. (While you control a Factory, it may be bombed, which will cause you to lose production later that turn.)

Hope this helps,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco pelan
Italy
milano
mi
flag msg tools
thx for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornaghie
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At the start of the full game, after all units are deployed, does Germany have one saved oil, or one saved oil, plus all the resources and oil currently occupied by German units and from trade? If the former, only Germany can conduct a blitz on the first turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
cctenn wrote:
At the start of the full game, after all units are deployed, does Germany have one saved oil, or one saved oil, plus all the resources and oil currently occupied by German units and from trade? If the former, only Germany can conduct a blitz on the first turn?

Hi Chris.

Germany has 1 saved oil, and yes it can do a Land Blitz (for example; or Naval Blitz or Air Blitz) as a result on Turn 1. No other major power can do anything except a Free Blitz on Turn 1.

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.