United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
So while Cruz wants a more gigantic military, Kaisch would create a new government agency. Wasn't he running on a platform of making government smaller? I wonder how they will coordinate this with drone strikes. I guess we aren't the great melting pot anymore. Also, I am sure Moshe will be THRILLED.

Quote:
As part of a broad national security plan to defeat ISIS, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich proposed creating a new government agency to push Judeo-Christian values around the world.

The new agency, which he hasn't yet named, would promote a Jewish- and Christian-based belief system to four regions of the world: China, Iran, Russia and the Middle East.

"We need to beam messages around the world" about the freedoms Americans enjoy, Kasich said in an interview with NBC News Tuesday. "It means freedom, it means opportunity, it means respect for women, it means freedom to gather, it means so many things."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/kasich-propose...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
I was under the impression that he was supposed to be one of the saners one. Is his losing so poorly pushing him to join the crazy to help his numbers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
So while Cruz wants a more gigantic military, Kaisch would create a new government agency. Wasn't he running on a platform of making government smaller? I wonder how they will coordinate this with drone strikes. I guess we aren't the great melting pot anymore. Also, I am sure Moshe will be THRILLED.

Quote:
As part of a broad national security plan to defeat ISIS, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich proposed creating a new government agency to push Judeo-Christian values around the world.

The new agency, which he hasn't yet named, would promote a Jewish- and Christian-based belief system to four regions of the world: China, Iran, Russia and the Middle East.

"We need to beam messages around the world" about the freedoms Americans enjoy, Kasich said in an interview with NBC News Tuesday. "It means freedom, it means opportunity, it means respect for women, it means freedom to gather, it means so many things."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/kasich-propose...

That's the issue with those other parts of the world. They've managed to go all this time and they've never heard of Judaism or Christianity. Amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
It must be called: The Ministry of Science, or Minisci
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
oriecat wrote:
I was under the impression that he was supposed to be one of the saners one. Is his losing so poorly pushing him to join the crazy to help his numbers?

That's what I muttered when I read this. Thing is, you can't out crazy Trump or out lie Cruz so I am not sure what he thinks is going happen here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:

I suppose he needs to chum the evangelical waters, and is trying to walk the fine line between stealing them away from Cruz without committing to any of the crazy evangelical-political ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:

Degree of Sanity is negatively correlated to winning the GOP primary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the hell?

It may not go against the letter but it must be against the spirit of the first surely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how this fits in with the B.S. "They hate us for our freedoms". Wouldn't beaming them about our freedoms just increase their hate, not make them smack their foreheads and start celebrating Christmas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
TheChin! wrote:
I wonder how this fits in with the B.S. "They hate us for our freedoms". Wouldn't beaming them about our freedoms just increase their hate, not make them smack their foreheads and start celebrating Christmas?

Knowing ISIS, hearing about women being free would just cause them to behead a bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
the important question is where would Minisci fall on the Cake Debate? Freedom of Cake for all or only some?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is not Islam part of the Judeo-Christian belief system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Emphasis mine
That's some Moshe bait, right there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
slatersteven wrote:

christ isnt part of the judeo-christian belief system either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Judo-Christianity kicks all kinds of ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
i am also enjoying the irony behind proselytizing for the jews
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
When they say "Judeo-Christian", they mean "Fundamentalist Christianity but we're not Anti-Semites because Jews are needed for the End Times"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
When he says he is going to beam messages, I keep wondering what these are going to look like? I have images of the 50s shorts that MST3K used to ridicule. Is that what he has in mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see this and I wonder if someone could win an election by going Mr Charles and drawing everyone's attention to the strangeness of the dream. By just being above painful election histrionics and pointing out how everyone else relies on them... could a person use that to distinguish themselves from the crowd instead of thinking they need to be part of the crowd but MORE in order to get ahead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always annoying to hear people assume that values like freedom and equality come from their religion. I'm not a fan of creating a government agency to spread propaganda about how awesome we are but if we're going to do it why not call them Enlightenment values?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Don't we already have the US Information Service, aka Radio Free Europe/etc.?

I kinda liked Kasich. Not now though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to have a separate US Information Agency (USIA, known abroad as US Information Service to avoid the dread word "agency") which was the "spread American values abroad" arm of the US government.

It could do what Kasich wants.

Except the Republicans killed it in the 1990s to spite Clinton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I can just see it now. A family crouches around their ancient radio listening to the wonders of Judeo-Christian values as they visit their son in an Iraq hospital. The children are smiling in hope. Suddenly an drone strike hits the hospital. I wonder how the department handles that part of the message?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
I can just see it now. A family crouches around their ancient radio listening to the wonders of Judeo-Christian values as they visit their son in an Iraq hospital. The children are smiling in hope. Suddenly an drone strike hits the hospital. I wonder how the department handles that part of the message?
They are now with god.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
slatersteven wrote:
she2 wrote:
They are now with god.

Glory to God! MURICA 4EVER!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.