Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to search for an item that I am interested in for trade or buy in the marketplace or via Geekbay by location? Could i then set up some type of alert to be told when an item near me is for sale? Basically, I would like to see if someone near me has an item that I am looking for so that I can pick it up locally and avoid shipping. Filtering the Geekbay auctions may be the most difficult but might be interesting for me.

Thanks,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of different ways of knowing when something is in an auction/for sale, but not filtered by location.

Besides setting your internal BGG subscriptions, you can keep an eye on

http://bggauctions.workingasintended.com/auctions/

but you'll have to visually confirm the location/pickup-ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could consider setting up a local virtual flea market. We set up one for Seattle (based on the Portland list).

It takes a bit of upkeep and also you need to get the people in your community on board with listing things there, but I find it works well for us. Nowadays, people mention upcoming auctions (or post a geeklist link for the auction itself) as well as sell individual games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.