Hide
11 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Civilization Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Ringstaff
msg tools
I am wondering if it is a good game and is it worth getting with the two expansions?
Has anyone played it?
I enjoy the PC versions of the game but am not sure about the board version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
It is worth it. Be sure to have an ample amount of gamers. More fun with a group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Ringstaff
msg tools
I am referring to the Sid Meier's Civilization Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmJedi wrote:
I am referring to the Sid Meier's Civilization Board Game

Check out this page:

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

There will be reviews (both written and video) that you can check out there to try and decide if it's right for you.

I liked it as a 2 player game but not a 4 player game (too long.) YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Ringstaff
msg tools
Thank you I will check it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
It'll serve you better if you're a fan of the newer PC versions; much like say Civ 5 the boardgame also has pretty specific victory types/conditions you should pursue with razor sharp focus and ignore whatever else you can get away with - if you prefer the generic "build the best civ I can" approach more prevalent in older games, other Civlike games (Eg Eclipse, Clash of Cultures) might be more up your alley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of mirroring the video game, Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization is (AFAIK) far far closer to the video game, despite the lack of a map. I've played it with 90's PC Civ fans and they've correctly guessed / assumed many of the rules nad mechanics in it from their childhood experiences

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric R
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
One of my friends LOVE the game. When he pulls it out, I always try for the culture win. Since the game ends when a civ is knocked out, it becomes a race to see who can kill me the quickest (since I never purchase military). The best is when another civ defends me by attacking a would be conqueror to slow them down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

This way you'll get better responses and in the future other users will be able to find your thread.

OP Contacted.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
welcomeblankbill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Ringstaff
msg tools
Thank you Liam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.