Subject: New edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are rumors about a new edition with remade artwork. Do any one knows if there are any rule changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an entry for a Master Print Edition pending. The listing should give the details once it's live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/129/quined-mas...

As far as I know a reprint with new art and an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chu
Australia
Nedlands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hahahaha. And never received my old one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is link: Vanuatu (second edition)

Hoping that the expansion pieces will work with the copy that I was fortunate enough to receive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javi Santos
Spain
sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the image posted, it does not seem to be the case. Original pieces were hexagons, and the image shows a star-shaped piece. And anyway, it seems they will release the whole package, and not the expansion alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuie wrote:

Nor I - seems like that should be addressed before putting funds into a new run
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what they did with Massilia I assume that they will do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnyutah7 wrote:
Chuie wrote:

Nor I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnyutah7 wrote:
Chuie wrote:

Does make me wonder though - can a new publisher have any legal or moral obligation to fulfill previously failed agreements of an unrelated party? I'd guess no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
johnyutah7 wrote:
Chuie wrote:

Does make me wonder though - can a new publisher have any legal or moral obligation to fulfill previously failed agreements of an unrelated party? I'd guess no.

That would depend on how the licensing contract was worded.

Again. Precedent suggests that as Quined did the same thing with Massillia which was designed by the same person and was another kickstarter collapse, they would behave in the same way.

It would be pretty bad publicity if they didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier GOMEZ UFANO
Spain
Coslada (Madrid)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never received my copy of the game, funded in a IndieGoGo campaign.
angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
johnyutah7 wrote:
Chuie wrote:

Publisher does not have any obligation, but Mr. Apron certainly does. He is bound to be seeing some financial return from this new edition, which most certainly should be directed to fulfilling missing rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnyutah7 wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
johnyutah7 wrote:
Chuie wrote:

Publisher does not have any obligation, but Mr. Apron certainly does. He is bound to be seeing some financial return from this new edition, which most certainly should be directed to fulfilling missing rewards.

Sure, but I can't see that being Quined's business or problem. They are dealing with a designer, not another publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/53066/new-game-round-revi...

Quined Games wrote:
A few years ago, we decided to publish Vanuatu. We fell in love with the game and decided to breathe new life into this forgotten gem. We decided to give the game a whole new makeover and we decided also to include the expansion The Rising Waters. We were aware at the time that there had been problems with the initial crowdfunding campaign, and although we had nothing to do with this campaign, we have now decided – together with designer Alain Epron – to give the unfortunate backers who never caught their copy a generous compensation.

Every backer of the original campaign that did NOT receive their game (or the expansion) will receive their copy (or copies) for FREE. Yes, because we are nice that way. How will this work? Well, we kindly ask each one of the backers to send an e-mail to kickstarter@quined.nl with your full name, address, phone number, and a copy of the original e-mail you received during the original Ulule/Indiegogo campaign, clearly detailing the precise quantities of the copies that you ordered originally. The mail address mentioned in that original e-mail should be the one you send the e-mail from as proof. One word of warning though: Since this is a gift to you previous backers, one thing we do ask of you though is to cover the shipping costs. We hope you understand this. We will also arrange for a pick-up option at the following fairs: Spiel 2016 (DE), Spellenspektakel 2016 (NL), and Spel 2016 (BE). So shoot us an e-mail before 31-08-2016 and we will be in touch.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pharmakon wrote:

Quined Games wrote:
A few years ago, we decided to publish Vanuatu. We fell in love with the game and decided to breathe new life into this forgotten gem. We decided to give the game a whole new makeover and we decided also to include the expansion The Rising Waters. We were aware at the time that there had been problems with the initial crowdfunding campaign, and although we had nothing to do with this campaign, we have now decided – together with designer Alain Epron – to give the unfortunate backers who never caught their copy a generous compensation.

Every backer of the original campaign that did NOT receive their game (or the expansion) will receive their copy (or copies) for FREE. Yes, because we are nice that way. How will this work? Well, we kindly ask each one of the backers to send an e-mail to kickstarter@quined.nl with your full name, address, phone number, and a copy of the original e-mail you received during the original Ulule/Indiegogo campaign, clearly detailing the precise quantities of the copies that you ordered originally. The mail address mentioned in that original e-mail should be the one you send the e-mail from as proof. One word of warning though: Since this is a gift to you previous backers, one thing we do ask of you though is to cover the shipping costs. We hope you understand this. We will also arrange for a pick-up option at the following fairs: Spiel 2016 (DE), Spellenspektakel 2016 (NL), and Spel 2016 (BE). So shoot us an e-mail before 31-08-2016 and we will be in touch.

ninja

Well, yes, they are doing a solid for fans. It's just that I can't seem them being legally or morally obliged to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
pharmakon wrote:

Quined Games wrote:

ninja

Email sent. Thank you, Quined Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
Well, yes, they are doing a solid for fans. It's just that I can't seem them being legally or morally obliged to do so.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm informing you. Your philosophy is your own, and if you can't imagine how someone would think that they were morally obligated to do so, your imagination is limited.

The fact is that they're doing it, and they certainly could get away with not doing it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
There are certainly good business and marketing reasons so to do. Build good will. Create loyal customers. Get good publicity. Etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
There are certainly good business and marketing reasons so to do. Build good will. Create loyal customers. Get good publicity. Etc.

Yes. I was more responding to the idea that they are s8mehow required to act in this manner due to the failed campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter for the new edition is live:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661420780/vanuatu-seco...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.