1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Pandemic legacy nearly over :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miss Lizee
msg tools
mb
So we're into September, only a few more sessions until our pandemic legacy experience is over, and I am dreading it!

Any recommendations for a 4 player group game that might lessen the loss? Haha!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defenders of the Realm

Fantasy Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you like the legacy experience, just:
1) buy a game.
2) play it once.
3) throw it away.

Voila.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
1) buy a game.
2) play it once.
3) throw it away.

Voila.

Hmmmmmmm, mighty snarky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T.I.M.E Stories perhaps? Or Legends of Andor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Pandemic?

You know, the game that has infinite replay value, plays 99% the same as Pandemic Legacy, and doesn't cost as much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
What about Pandemic?

You know, the game that has infinite replay value, plays 99% the same as Pandemic Legacy, and doesn't cost as much?

Pandemic Legacy can still be played as basic Pandemic after completing the game, providing you didn't actually rip up or trash cards but just marked them or set aside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
deedob wrote:
What about Pandemic?

Except that by the time you buy a couple of expansions to get the additional characters etc that come with pandemic legacy, you're paying more, not less. You could just keep playing normal pandemic rules with legacy anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mayneric wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
1) buy a game.
2) play it once.
3) throw it away.

Voila.

Hmmmmmmm, mighty snarky.

When someone has game designer above their name and makes that sort of comment on a Pandemic Legacy thread, it comes across as more "jealous and bitter" to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Elankat wrote:
deedob wrote:
What about Pandemic?

Pandemic Legacy can still be played as basic Pandemic after completing the game.

The recent polls made here on bgg show that almost everyone who buys Pandemic have already played or have bought regular Pandemic before...

So i always found the observation that Legacy can still be used as a regular Pandemic pointless for the majority of people... as they already have base Pandemic.

And i don't think anyone who have base Pandemic and got Legacy told themselves: "i now can get rid of my old Pandemic as Legacy replaces it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
1) buy a game.
2) play it once.
3) throw Trade it away.

Voila.

I thought this was just normal gamer behavior. Or do I go to a weird game group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
Elankat wrote:
deedob wrote:
What about Pandemic?

Pandemic Legacy can still be played as basic Pandemic after completing the game.

The recent polls made here on bgg show that almost everyone who buys Pandemic have already played or have bought regular Pandemic before...

So i always found the observation that Legacy can still be used as a regular Pandemic pointless for the majority of people... as they already have base Pandemic.

And i don't think anyone who have base Pandemic and got Legacy told themselves: "i now can get rid of my old Pandemic as Legacy replaces it".

Well sorry. I don't fit into your scientific poll.

And if the majority of people who own Pandemic Legacy own Pandemic, then why would you recommend the OP buy Pandemic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Elankat wrote:
deedob wrote:
Elankat wrote:
deedob wrote:
What about Pandemic?

Well sorry. I don't fit into your scientific poll.

And if the majority of people who own Pandemic Legacy own Pandemic, then why would you recommend the OP buy Pandemic?

1) not my poll.
2) missed the part where i recommend to buy it. The TC asks for what to play to fill the void of Pandemic Legacy... a quick look through the TC's collection revealed that he/she already has base Pandemic and 2 expansions for it... so really why not just play that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. I took "What about Pandemic" as you recommending OP buy it, which was all the more puzzling since it's owned by OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Herren
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Risk Legacy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richardson
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DamonH wrote:
How about Risk Legacy?

That was my first thought, although I haven't played it yet I'm definitely interested in trying it now that I've enjoyed Pandemic Legacy so much. Any comments from others who've played both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Sodani
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My family and I just finished our Pandemic Legacy campaign on Monday and are still sad about it. It was, without a doubt, our best gaming experience ever.

We loved the storyline aspect, so I'm attempting to transition into a Star Wars Imperial Assault campaign.

My wife and 2 boys are big Star Wars fans, though I think our first SW:IA game fell a little flat with my wife. I think it might have been that she had so many rules to learn, so I'm hopeful that as the campaign and story goes on she will get excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple more legacy games anticipated this year. Gloomhaven and SeaFall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mb
kusinohki wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
1) buy a game.
2) play it once.
3) throw Trade it away.

Voila.

I thought this was just normal gamer behavior. Or do I go to a weird game group?

You do belong to a weird game group....lucky...lucky man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
kusinohki wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
1) buy a game.
2) play it once.
3) throw Trade it away.

Voila.

I know BGG makes it seem normal, but when I look at things outside of BGG it turns out it really isn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miss Lizee
msg tools
mb
Yeah, I have pandemic in many forms!! Love it, but it's the legacy part of it that will leave the hole - having our previous games impact future ones and not being unable to undo bad decisions, and following a story. It's a bit pathetic, but I've looked forward to it all week in a way that I've never looked forward to games night before.

Edited to add: I also really like that it's co-op..

I just got time stories as a gift, not played it yet. Do you think it might fill the gap for a little while?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Octatrack
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Pandemic Legacy because I can't find a copy for less than £75 but I really enjoy Pandemic.
I looked at your collection but you haven't rated any games so I'm not sure exactly what you'd like, but Star Wars: Imperial Assault has a great campaign mode and is well suited to 4 players but isn't co-op, it's 1-vs-many. Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) is similar, but I think one of the expansions adds a fully co-op mode. Risk Legacy because Legacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miss Lizee
msg tools
mb
I've rated my collection (unrated are recent gifts I've not played yet)

Will take a look at descent, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
badge
Rolling Sixes all the way!
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk legacy all the way, we are running both sort of concurrently, and it's very good fun. However, risk legacy tends to take a fair bit longer per game, with much more time between player turns IMO, so better for nights where you have more time and patient people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Octatrack
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MissLizee wrote:
I've rated my collection (unrated are recent gifts I've not played yet)

Will take a look at descent, thanks

Woah thanks!
I see you're a bit more of a euro fan than myself. If Descent isn't quite what you're looking for, check out Mice and Mystics. I haven't played it but I think it's fully co-operative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.