Subject: Want to join my 7 Player Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone want to play a private 7 player game (no F&I factions) on the 6 island map? I think it might be better for more players than the original layout. It would be at a 5 day move speed. Sure, it will crowded. Fill that map out! I was thinking about including the extra final scoring tile. It would obviously have to include the extra Town and Bonus Tiles. I am fine including the Temple Round Scoring tile too. Let me know if you are interested in it by posting your snellman name here or sending me a message.

I also would like to have a 2nd 7 player game with all 3 fire and ice factions required to be played. That would allow some space on the color wheel for the Volcano and Variable factions. I'm indifferent on the rules for this one however. If no one picks a F&I faction during the normal process then we could either force the last 1, 2, or 3 players to pick one or allocate them randomly after picks are made. devil

I would like the first 2 of these games to start by this weekend (Feb 20).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Does
Jack-Spirio

That sound like a interesting experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok Jack, I'll add you when we have 7. We only have 3 right now for both games (including me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have 7 players for the first 2 games.

6 players on the TM Live Facebook group want to do this.
[url]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LiveTerraMystica/[/url]

I'll set up the 1st 2 games within a day or 2. I'll notify here when another game will start...

or you can set up your own also! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
After some intense bidding, the two games have been set up here:

http://terra.snellman.net/faction/7pFunAuction/

http://terra.snellman.net/faction/7pFunAuction02/

Betfair will soon start accepting bets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Both games are now over. They were pretty interesting and fun to play. Many times most power actions were taken by the end of turn 1 in a round! If anyone else wants to try this out again, just let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silly Words
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb

LOL. Riverwalkers not really the best choice with seven players. Surprised dragonlords did so well as every hex costs 2 power tokens to dig. Nomads would seem to be a good choice on paper given their initial third dwelling and strong sh ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shapeshifters probably would have been a better choice. Remember, the Riverwalkers and Ice factions do not have a home color so the Dragonlords (me) had 3 different colors to go on for only 1 token. If it was the Shapeshifters then they would be able to shift to the colors of the Ice and Volcano factions later in the game if they wanted to. The DL's would also have more difficulty as they would then only have 2 cheap terrains with the Shapeshifters. This is mitigated some by the fact that DLs gain 7 power tokens when they build the SH. That gives a total of 15 PTs and since space is limited anyway, 10-12 network is what most players will get. Also, I was able to grab BON1 twice! One of those was even during the Spade Round! That gave me 17 total PT's over the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambia
Brest
msg tools
kruppy wrote:

No hex had been left empty. Terra has been defeated. GG to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At some point I'd love to do to another 7p game again, perhaps on the original map, but probably not until after S12 TM Tour has finished for me and the F&I 5p Test Leagues have been underway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
An advantage with the DLs in this setting is their ability to spread out quickly. When playing 7p, hexes have a tendency to disappear much more rapidly than one is accustomed to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Skyswooper wrote:
kruppy wrote:

No hex had been left empty. Terra has been defeated. GG to you.

Yep, and that didn't happen until R6-T5 and there were only 11 turns total that round (it says 10, but I consider the last player's action and pass to not technically be on the same turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kruppy wrote:
An advantage with the DLs in this setting is their ability to spread out quickly. When playing 7p, hexes have a tendency to disappear much more rapidly than one is accustomed to...

This is true, I got 7D on the first round. I really should have taken E1 or F1 early instead and not done the bridge. I might have had 3 towns.

I do think that in the next 7p game, DLs will be more highly valued. I managed to get them cheap for only 8vp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If anyone is curious we did a simultaneous live auction for any faction by making a group chat in Facebook since all of the players became a member part of the live TM group. When the bidding started we would post, for example, 7/6 so that the regular game was a bid of 7vps and the F&I games was 6vps. Some players would pass on 1 format and raise on the other format also, but we were able to keep this straight by always re-posting a list of players and if they passed or won a faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hawaiian
msg tools
mb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
If anyone is curious we did a simultaneous live auction for any faction by making a group chat in Facebook since all of the players became a member part of the live TM group. When the bidding started we would post, for example, 7/6 so that the regular game was a bid of 7vps and the F&I games was 6vps. Some players would pass on 1 format and raise on the other format also, but we were able to keep this straight by always re-posting a list of players and if they passed or won a faction.

How would I create a game that has 7 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It would have to be a private game and you enter in 7 names. You can even set one up on your own using your own name 7 times. It was 2 interesting games for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.