Sifaka» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dice tower and Sifaka rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sandra Powell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Is the Dice Tower review right about the rules for Sifaka? Their rules differ from my printed rules, but make more sense. Dice Tower says you move as many spaces as the number of bushes that you cover up when you place a tile. My game box rules say that I move according to the number of bushes I land on. The Dice Tower says I turn in the direction of the arrow or arrows which are on the tile I place. (I have to follow the direction of at least one but not all the arrows.) My rules say I turn if I land on an arrow. My rules say if I land on a box that is blank, I do nothing. How would I ever get off that square? But I think the Dice Tower version of the rules would work for me. Thanks for the help. I want to be sure of the rules before I get my friends to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SMEERS Nicolas
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hello Sandra,

Thanks for letting us know! It seems there has been a mistake in the English translation of the rules, and that following them as is would break the game.
The game should be played as described in the Dice Tower review. Here is how it should be written in the printed rules :

“The number of palm trees in the box you cover with your Terrain card is the number of moves you can make for this turn. You must make all the moves indicated for this turn. You should move your pawn in the direction it is facing for as many boxes as indicated by the palm trees for your turn. If there are no boxes in the direction you are going, you cannot advance.

If you cover an arrow, you must turn your Sifaka in the same direction as the arrow for this turn. This can be done before, during or after the move. If you land on several arrows, they can change your direction on all of them, or you can just change direction on one of them.

If you do not cover any arrow or palm tree with your Terrain card, you do nothing for this turn.”

I hope this answered your question! Do not hesitate to contact us again if anything else seems unclear to you.

Sincerely,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
A few other clarifications:

You only get the mango when you end your move on it, not when you pass over it as part of your move.

You must use your full movement. You may not cover 5 palms, then move only 3 and stop to pick up a mango.

You may cover the huts later in the game if you feel like it, but remember
that you can't cover the mangoes or players.

You may move through another player's sifaka, but you may not stop on the same space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandra Powell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
So, if you pass over arrows as you are moving, do they also cause you to turn? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.