Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I'd like to give a sincere thanks to the Hilko Drude, a.k.a. HilkMAN, who was nice enough to convert the rules .doc file into a .pdf file, which I could read.

Now that I've finally read the translated version of the rules posted here, I just have, what I hope will be just more question.

Under the section titled: Making Moves

I have a question regarding rule #3. It reads exactly as follows:

3. One is not allowed to push an opponent's ball back onto the same hole where it lay before the last move.

Maybe I just getting too old, but whatever this rule is trying to tell me, just isn't jumping out out me. Perhaps someone that's actually played this game would have a better sense of what this rule means and be able to put this rule into better words that will hopefully make a lot more sense to me.

What I've figured out so far is this: I know they can't mean that you can't push a marble you've moved on your turn back to where it had been, as this would be impossible, being you are only ever pushing in one particular direction on your turn. So maybe they're talking about a marble that was previously moved by your opponent and you can't put can't put an opponent's marble back to where it had been. I find it hard to believe that this could be true, because it would mean every turn you'd need to keep track of various marbles and their locations every turn. I get the feeling the actual answer is staring me in the face but I just can't seem to see.

As a side note, even though I haven't played this game as yet, from what I know about it so far, it really seems like a game worth checking out. Once I know the answer to Rule #3 Under Making Moves I can't hopefully play the game and give me my thoughts on it.

Thanks Everyone,

Arthur

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
So maybe they're talking about a marble that was previously moved by your opponent and you can't put can't put an opponent's marble back to where it had been. I find it hard to believe that this could be true, because it would mean every turn you'd need to keep track of various marbles and their locations every turn.

No, you got that quite right. You cannot push back the marble your opponent pushed in his or her last turn into exactly the same position it started from. You don't have to keep track of various marbles, you just have to remember your opponent's last move (and they will certainly remind you if you forget...). It's not about other marbles that were pushed in the process, just about the original marble with which the move was made. I have played the game more than 200 times and there were nearly no moments where someone didn't remember the opponent's last move. So in reality, this shouldn't be much of a problem (and the rule is necessary to avoid endless loops).
Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HilkMAN wrote:
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
So maybe they're talking about a marble that was previously moved by your opponent and you can't put can't put an opponent's marble back to where it had been. I find it hard to believe that this could be true, because it would mean every turn you'd need to keep track of various marbles and their locations every turn.

No, you got that quite right. You cannot push back the marble your opponent pushed in his or her last turn into exactly the same position it started from. You don't have to keep track of various marbles, you just have to remember your opponent's last move (and they will certainly remind you if you forget...). It's not about other marbles that were pushed in the process, just about the original marble with which the move was made. I have played the game more than 200 times and there were nearly no moments where someone didn't remember the opponent's last move. So in reality, this shouldn't be much of a problem (and the rule is necessary to avoid endless loops).
Enjoy the game!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You....

By George, I Finally Think I've Got It

You explained it perfectly. I suppose in the rules they should have explicitly said,"The Marble Your Opponent Last Used To Push With". I'm definitely going to try and get some games in over the next few days. I've really looking forward to this one for some reason. Love Abstracts.

Once again, Thank You so much for all your help with this one.

Sincerely,

Arthur Reilly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.