Subject: What is "moor visitors" expansoin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My online shop has brought an expansion called "Moor visitors", which I cannot find an entry for it on BGG. Is it an exapnsion for Viticulture or for Viticulture:Essential edition, or for both. What it adds, and how it changes the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There are a number of discussions about this in other threads, for example here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is new expansion for both games.

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
It is new expansion for both games.

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost?

10.95€
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a small expansion that adds 20 new summer visitor cards and 20 new winter visitor cards. I'm getting for sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masoud: Which online shop is it? They should have provided this information on the shop (I sent it to stores last week). Moor Visitors will have a BGG entry as of the 21st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Masoud: Which online shop is it? They should have provided this information on the shop (I sent it to stores last week). Moor Visitors will have a BGG entry as of the 21st.

http://www.philibertnet.com/fr/stonemaier-games/40417-viticu...

My french is not great, so maybe I missed the details on the site.
Ok, I wait for the entry on 21st :) . My main question is that if the new visitors add specific flavor/dynamic to the game or not, but I guess I will find the answers soon on the page of the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, the new visitors add a lot of new stuff. You can see spoilers for them here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/821960094586948/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat FR
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Oh yes, the new visitors add a lot of new stuff. You can see spoilers for them here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/821960094586948/

Anything that can be pasted here for those without Facebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I'll post a recent one:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Oh! Weird Al Jankovic councilman. I love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jameystegmaier wrote:

What's a blue card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yooden wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

What's a blue card?

A winter vistor, so this card allows you to play a winter visitor during the Summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
farsidehobbes wrote:
yooden wrote:
What's a blue card?

A winter vistor, so this card allows you to play a winter visitor during the Summer.

That blue changed so much that I didn't even recognize it.

For the better! The similarity between winter visitors and contracts is the only visual glitch in Viticulture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, we've lightened the blue winter visitor icons in Moor and Viticulture Essential to make them easier to distinguish from the purple wine order icons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Best pre-order price for MV I could find is ¢29 a card (comparison: San Juan ¢13, Machi Koro ¢10, and both have small bits in addition to the cards). I guess I will wait to see if the price goes down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The MSRP is $15. Unlike those other examples, every card in MV has unique art. You're not just paying for cardstock--you're paying for everything that went into making the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yooden wrote:
Best pre-order price for MV I could find is ¢29 a card (comparison: San Juan ¢13, Machi Koro ¢10, and both have small bits in addition to the cards). I guess I will wait to see if the price goes down.

I think the price is really fair. I've already pre-ordered it from my usual online shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jameystegmaier wrote:
The MSRP is $15. Unlike those other examples, every card in MV has unique art. You're not just paying for cardstock--you're paying for everything that went into making the expansion.

San Juan and Machi Koro each have more unique art than MV, and since they are complete games, I'm pretty sure some measure of preparation was necessary for them too.

In a way, my ruminations are backscatter from Exploding Kittens, at ¢45 a card a lot more expensive than either of the three games. That's when I started to compare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yooden wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

San Juan and Machi Koro each have more unique art than MV, and since they are complete games, I'm pretty sure some measure of preparation was necessary for them too.

In a way, my ruminations are backscatter from Exploding Kittens, at ¢45 a card a lot more expensive than either of the three games. That's when I started to compare.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. I'm simply not wired that way. I have never done a cost per card analysis before. That isn't how I'm programmed to find value in a product.

My girlfriend and I love Viticulture. One aspect of Viticulture we really enjoy are the visitor cards. We feel they add a lot to each game and without them, it would not be nearly as enjoyable. This expansion adds 40 new visitors at a cost that is less than the take away dinner we had last night (not fast food, from a restaurant).

For me that is great value. I'm excited for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it for $10. That's a great deal for 40 all new completely unique cards. I can't wait to play it again. It'll be a good excuse to play with more of the Tuscany expansions some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk H
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
I write about games...
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Will this be available from Feuerland Spiele too. Would be perfect for the market start of this game in Germany... ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie77 wrote:
Will this be available from Feuerland Spiele too. Would be perfect for the market start of this game in Germany... ;-)

Good idea! There are few names in gaming in Germany with a pull like Uwe Rosenberg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirk: Yes, eventually it will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.