Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jason rundell
United States
Adamstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regionals are this Sunday. My Daughter and I are going to the one in Glen Burnie. Who else is going this weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cmar
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be going to the Glen Burnie event as well. Very much looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm taking my son to the Chicago event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Newell
Australia
Mayfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish we had regionals over here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I could, but unfortunately I have family obligations this weekend. Good luck to all those who can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Austin next Saturday for them. Don't know if anyone else is going, but hope to see plenty of competition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Huttner
United States
Mount Crawford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ill be at Glen Burnie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family plans for Saturday fell through at the last minute, so I might be able to make it after all. are the Glen Burnie regionals on Saturday or Sunday? if its on Sunday, I'm still out of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason rundell
United States
Adamstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang...that's what I feared. Thanks! The announcement wasn't very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Kopacz
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in Maryland ths weekend for regionals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Zuratynsky
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself and two friends will be attending the Chicago event. Looking forward to seeing the 150pt builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher Herden
Australia
flag msg tools
Captain Shagrat wrote:
I wish we had regionals over here.

we could have a regionals if you want... just not an all official like one i guess... til nats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hocker

Indiana
msg tools
I'll be at Chicago, nice to see I'll have some good opponents. I'll probably be bringing some extra pieces I have too if anyone wants to do any trading there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, any unexpected legions at any of the regionals events today? I'm really curious to hear what everybody chose to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Huttner
United States
Mount Crawford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Best team I faced was a named Drider, Nymestra, and Owain geared towards crits. Ripped me apart. It was a massacre.

The only duplicate fig in top four that was built similar was Nymestra. There were two Owains but they were built different. Not sure who won. I left Glen Burnie after I was cut bc I had a three hour drive home.

Builds were very diverse. I was pleased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it. Had I been able to make it, Staltax was at the top of my list as well--pivot and Feint on the same turn is amazing. I hadn't really messed around with Owain much yet, but I'll have to look at him more closely. I'm also glad to hear that we may have passed the wave of everybody using ancient dragons all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Huttner
United States
Mount Crawford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finger of Death was prevalent, worked very well, and laid waste to 6+ health critters. Telekinesis did not shine, imo.

The only Ancients that I saw were 2 Arve, 1 Vakka, 1 Bahamut, and 1 Ossular and there were 11 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Just as a nod towards the fact that you never know what you will face or how well it does I rolled 27 dice in three separate rounds with FoD and landed 4 hits while telekinesis shined for me!

Had a great time in the NW regionals and thanks again to the organizer and store support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kijaucey wrote:
The only duplicate fig in top four that was built similar was Nymestra.

Presumably, the Nymmestra builds were focused on Finger of Death, with maybe a Counterspell and Telekinesis for the second and third spell slots (and a Silver Staff with some other attack spell to round it out)? Did anyone use Sleet Storm to counter the Ancients (that apparently didn't show in the same frequency as prior events)?

Curious that nobody decided to use Rath as the FoD platform instead. Rath's ability seems better than Nymmestra's, and he's a good deal cheaper. Or use Dragonfly, for that matter.

EDIT: Or, seems like an Evil Sorcerer Dragonrider should be able to equip FoD as well (since it requires a Sorcerer). Though the Legion Builder doesn't allow it. Andrew, what say you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Huttner
United States
Mount Crawford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I used Rath. His lower level was the main disadvantage.

Only one sleet storm was used that I know of. Counterspell was effective.

Edit: yeah, both Nymestra looked like the way you described. Both had warcaster I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Release: February 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:
Kijaucey wrote:
The only duplicate fig in top four that was built similar was Nymestra.

Presumably, the Nymmestra builds were focused on Finger of Death, with maybe a Counterspell and Telekinesis for the second and third spell slots (and a Silver Staff with some other attack spell to round it out)? Did anyone use Sleet Storm to counter the Ancients (that apparently didn't show in the same frequency as prior events)?

Curious that nobody decided to use Rath as the FoD platform instead. Rath's ability seems better than Nymmestra's, and he's a good deal cheaper. Or use Dragonfly, for that matter.

EDIT: Or, seems like an Evil Sorcerer Dragonrider should be able to equip FoD as well (since it requires a Sorcerer). Though the Legion Builder doesn't allow it. Andrew, what say you?

The creature itself must be a Sorcerer, so the upgrade is not enough, I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for your prompt response. I hope you guys get the rules forum fixed soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Release: February 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:
Thanks again for your prompt response. I hope you guys get the rules forum fixed soon.

I investigated and it should be up and running again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Huttner
United States
Mount Crawford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Btw, thanks to all the participants at Glen Burnie. I had a blast and learned a lot. I'll def. be stronger next time I compete Made some huge mistakes in my close third match and that put me in a harder match in the cuts...

I was worried there would be rule mongering but that totally wasnt the case. And the one time I forgot my action, I was allowed to put a token on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.