Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think we should start to expect a season 2 or some new expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

I'm pretty sure the designer was asked in an interview and said no.
But money does make a difference so hopefully
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is way to popular for CMON to not at least do some small monster packs like they do with Arcadia Quest heroes. And most likely at least a couple more of the smaller expansions like the Mystics and Gods ones.

Cant really see a season two though with this game not really sure how you would even do that with an area control game I guess just different maps maybe, but like already said money does help make things happen haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smith2332 wrote:

Cant really see a season two though with this game not really sure how you would even do that with an area control game I guess just different maps maybe, but like already said money does help make things happen haha

Completely different theme maybe ? Still have Aztec pantheon and Greek pantheon and Japanese Pantheon to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

Expansions for games came out long before the phrase "season 2" was used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be open to more Blood Rage, it's an excellent game!

I wonder, though, just what can really be added that wouldn't upset the balance too much. It's a bit hard to imagine. Still, I thought the same thing about Chaos in the Old World too - and the Horned Rat expansion was pretty fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they popped out the mystics and gods expansions already. added a 5th player expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

I saw that too, and I agree that the game's success might cause him to reconsider. In general, designing board games isn't very lucrative, so the opportunity to get additional revenue from a successful design might be very attractive.

That said, if anything does happen, it needs to be well-balanced and truly add to the game. I'm definitely open to it, but I'll be looking for some third-party confirmation that it really adds to the base game. Especially since, as others have said, there are already two mechanical expansions (and one for five players, but I don't really count that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fedaykin98 wrote:
thor0298 wrote:
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

I saw that too, and I agree that the game's success might cause him to reconsider. In general, designing board games isn't very lucrative, so the opportunity to get additional revenue from a successful design might be very attractive.

That said, if anything does happen, it needs to be well-balanced and truly add to the game. I'm definitely open to it, but I'll be looking for some third-party confirmation that it really adds to the base game. Especially since, as others have said, there are already two mechanical expansions (and one for five players, but I don't really count that).

Lang has designed (or been involved in the design of) other games more likely to have a "Season 2" or 3 or 4 - The Others and Arcadia Quest, for instance.
What does Blood Rage really need? More/different cards or another couple monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
What does Blood Rage really need? More/different cards or another couple monsters?

Not sure. If there's going to be an expansion I'd like to see a sea map with islands and more sea monsters and different boats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
I see the difference between expansions and seasons. Expansions add a few new mechanics or options to the existing game. Whereas seasons add a significant amount of new content and are a solid game by themselves.

If there were expansions I would like to see more cards to draft under themes of other Norse gods. Perhaps add 2 more mini decks and when you start the game you choose 6 gods to shuffle the draft cards together. The expansions could also come with their god figure to play with the god expansion. That would be pretty cool, even though I don't particularly like the gods expansion.

If they did a new season I would like to see them delve deeper into Ragnarök mythology and have the focus lean more towards the lesser gods and stronger monsters fighting rather than the humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions. Seasons. Whatever.
CMoN doesn't really do the "small expansion" thing. Not unless it's part of another KS with tons o' stuff.
Additional expansions in any form don't seem likely for this game. Of course time (and money) will have the final word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

Not sure. If there's going to be an expansion I'd like to see a sea map with islands and more sea monsters and different boats.

I can see argument for a few monsters if u missed the Kickstarter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
CMoN doesn't really do the "small expansion" thing. Not unless it's part of another KS with tons o' stuff.
Additional expansions in any form don't seem likely for this game. Of course time (and money) will have the final word.

99% of games in the database would make no sense using the word "Seasons" attached to them. And of the 1% most of them have the word season in the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

99% of games in the database would make no sense using the word "Seasons" attached to them. And of the 1% most of them have the word season in the title.

Nothing like glossing over the entire point to talk about the usage of a single word.
Guess I forgot for a second I was on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

I can see argument for a few monsters if u missed the Kickstarter

I have the full KS cool but there's not any more Sea Monsters in there ..

As vikings are famous for their seafaring skills and seaworthy drakar boats an island map and sea theme seems a nice alternative "standalone expansion"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
corkysru wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

Nothing like glossing over the entire point to talk about the usage of a single word.

That was definitely your first mistake. The second mistake was assuming I was directing that at you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the possibility of an expansion is pretty remote. Knowing how Blood Rage works, it's a pretty closed, encapsulated design. The only expansion they could really add would be more one-off monsters, or a different type of clansman (like mystics or warriors).

I think it was designed well with balance in mind. And I believe that radical changes or additions, like any extra boards, or different mechanics, etc. would upset that balance.

As indicated by VonMeister - games like Arcadia Quest or Zombicide are designed in a clearly modular manner, and so are much easier to create expansion content for that fits within the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
VonMeister wrote:
corkysru wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

That was definitely your first mistake. The second mistake was assuming I was directing that at you.

Um... you quoted my comment? Mistake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
corkysru wrote:
VonMeister wrote:
corkysru wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

Um... you quoted my comment? Mistake?

Yeah mistake. I was quoting your comment because you were making a similar point about the words being mostly synonymous. If you read the thread I had already made a point to a different person about using the word season instead of just saying expansion. My turn to make a mistake... I forgot I was on the internet and expected people to have some rational thought about the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess we both f****d up then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo As mentioned on another thread, I've adopted another poster's variant of switching out the two gods on the board for two different ones at the start of each Age. It would be simple enough to to add to the pool of available gods, say with six more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really appreciate more action in the sea area. Maybe different upgrades for ships rather than just "get points when distroyed", another sea monster, or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D E
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say there's plenty of room for more cards, or at least cards that improve some of the existing 'meh' ones. My group really likes the game but we're all in agreement regarding the wide gap between some cards' strength/cost compared to the rest. Some are way too good (Frigga's domain, Odin's Throne etc.) and some are just too crappy/expensive (like Lord of Hammers) and the ship upgrade is basically the same throughout the ages, only increasing the glory points obtained for it dying. A few more monsters wouldn't hurt, and Warriors only get one upgrade per age.

For ships for instance it would be really cool if an upgrade enabled you to use your figures from the other side of the fjord in the battle, without having to move them. Another upgrade could allow them to march like all the other units (I never understood why they have this restriction), as long as they stick to fjords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sea battles and better cards you say?

Now THAT I can understand. I reckon there could be room for more expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.