Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the graphics are still placeholders or just out of date, but we're going through and getting them all updated, now that the text is close to finalized.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/128642/perditions-mouth-r...

We appreciate all your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
oddbod wrote:
A lot of the graphics are still placeholders or just out of date, but we're going through and getting them all updated, now that the text is close to finalized.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/128642/perditions-mouth-r...

We appreciate all your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks to a few active editors, we have now progressed to 58th edition of the rulebook. We consider this to be very, very close to be final, in all respects.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bybgj6b2vsr7rb/PM-Rulebook.pdf?dl...

And yes, I'd love to upload it to BGG, but it's 43MB and BGG seems to think it's too large.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brunet
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Some things I noticed after reading the last version of the rules :

-Though the rule about the threat meter for campaign games are much clearer, it is still not perfectly clear for me how you setup the threat meter for one-shot games. Specifically, p.7 of the rules seem to imply : "for a one-shot game, increase the threat meter by +1 space then additionally +1 space for each hero in the game." Does that mean that you don't add the level of the scenario for one-shot games ? You treat them all like level 1 scenarios ? If that's the case, that should be told in the threat meter summary p. 25 too.

-About boosting Charge, Aimed shot or Bash actions : just for clarity's sake, you can't use action points to boost attacks in any of those cases, right ? But you can use attack cards to boost your attack (like any attack), right ? The charge section speaks about attack cards to boost attacks, but not the Bash or Aimed Shot ones. Perhaps those sections could be a bit more consistent and exhaustive to avoid possible confusion.

-Something that surprised me : you can push a lever ? Also, on the same p.22, LoS can be blocked by a figure you don't have LoS to ?

-The wording for the Traders variant could be better. It says that you can visit the Traders after "a campaign"... I suppose it means after every scenario within a campaign ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paptimus wrote:

Some things I noticed after reading the last version of the rules :

-Though the rule about the threat meter for campaign games are much clearer, it is still not perfectly clear for me how you setup the threat meter for one-shot games. Specifically, p.7 of the rules seem to imply : "for a one-shot game, increase the threat meter by +1 space then additionally +1 space for each hero in the game." Does that mean that you don't add the level of the scenario for one-shot games ? You treat them all like level 1 scenarios ? If that's the case, that should be told in the threat meter summary p. 25 too.

That is correct. For a one-shot game you only add 1 to the threat meter for the scenario, regardless of its number. Except that some scenarios specify in their rules what to set the threat level to, so there are exceptions.

Paptimus wrote:

-About boosting Charge, Aimed shot or Bash actions : just for clarity's sake, you can't use action points to boost attacks in any of those cases, right ? But you can use attack cards to boost your attack (like any attack), right ? The charge section speaks about attack cards to boost attacks, but not the Bash or Aimed Shot ones. Perhaps those sections could be a bit more consistent and exhaustive to avoid possible confusion.

That is correct. We'll see if we can fit some additional text under Aimed and Bash about using attack cards, as described under Charge.

Paptimus wrote:

-Something that surprised me : you can push a lever ? Also, on the same p.22, LoS can be blocked by a figure you don't have LoS to ?

Yes. The lever issue will be explained in the official FAQ (it's magic).

Since LoS is drawn from the center of each square, and a figure effectively takes up an entire square for purposes of LoS, then your LoS could indeed be blocked by a figure that itself is in a square you don't have LoS to.

The LoS rules are somewhat simplified for simplicity and speed of play, so you don't have to try and figure out how much actual physical space individual figures are taking up and blocking, etc. This isn't Warhammer 40K, afterall That's probably a good question for the FAQ also.

Paptimus wrote:

-The wording for the Traders variant could be better. It says that you can visit the Traders after "a campaign"... I suppose it means after every scenario within a campaign ?

Nope. Unless you plan on crawling your way out through 7 levels of dungeon to the surface to go shopping, then fighting your way back through those levels again.

There is no "fast travel" in Perdition's Mouth, and the dungeon behind you doesn't stay empty just because you fought your way through two days ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brunet
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for all those answers ! Hope I was of some help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Paptimus wrote:

Thanks for all those answers ! Hope I was of some help...

Absolutely. We need all the feedback possible. We aim to still do final polishing of the rulebook until it's time to print it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Do note, that 1.6.4 (latest rulebook) is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2aum0fmahdy2gyh/PM-Rulebook.pdf?dl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.