Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently acquired this fantastic game and I am struggling to figure it out. I can tell from the rules that the Information Board is the key to the whole thing, or at least to the search aspect, but I cannot identify that board among the components!

The closest candidate I can find is labeled as the "Turn Tracker" here...are we sure that's correct? If so, please advise as to what the Information Board looks like.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brianmccue wrote:
I have recently acquired this fantastic game and I am struggling to figure it out. I can tell from the rules that the Information Board is the key to the whole thing, or at least to the search aspect, but I cannot identify that board among the components!

The closest candidate I can find is labeled as the "Turn Tracker" here...are we sure that's correct? If so, please advise as to what the Information Board looks like.

Thanks,

There are six maps in the game, four large and two small. Of the four large, there are two pairs of copies of the same map (two different maps, two copies of each). Of the two small, each is a copy of one of the large pairs. The small maps are the search boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, got them. But the Information Board is described as something separate, not a map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brianmccue wrote:
Got it, got them. But the Information Board is described as something separate, not a map.

Sorry, misread your question. The Information Boards are the two cardboard sheets (one is green and one is blue in my copy) that have a column of Arabic numerals down the left hand side with columns of Roman numerals extending to the right.

On the image here in BGG, the information board is mislabeled as the turn record chart. The Japanese characters read Information Board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, good, I have those. Thanks!

Have you (or anybody here) ever played the full Search part of the game, using them? In no other game have I seen the progressive-revelation idea that these boards, and the counters used on them, make possible.

My goal is to figure it all out to the point that I can re-implement it for refereed play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like you, I just got this game recently. So far, all that I've done is look at the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.