24 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » General

Subject: Forget non US all costs are ridiculous rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Fatman
msg tools
mb
This 98+ shipping!!!! and that does not even get me everything. Why are people backing this? You can buy a proven game for less and even hard to find proven games for cheaper than the $142.

So please someone tell me why this game is worth it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why did you feel the need to post a new thread about this? Maybe you could participate in the discussion that is already talking about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:
This 98+ shipping!!!! and that does not even get me everything. Why are people backing this? You can buy a proven game for less and even hard to find proven games for cheaper than the $142.

Please actually look at the project before complaining about it, they clearly talk about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news everyone!

CTG managed to cut shipping prices:

Go check their last update on KS (EU shipping down by $30 and World shipping down by $13)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kin Hassar wrote:
Great news everyone!

CTG managed to cut shipping prices:

Go check their last update on KS (EU shipping down by $30 and World shipping down by $13)

That is great news and really shows a commitment to your fanbase.

I'm sure Fatman will still find something to complain about though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Fatman
msg tools
mb
Just fanboy responses, still no reasons given why this game is worth $98-$142 for the full game.

Let me add this because judging by the responses I already got you are blinded by something.

I have KSed many projects and just to pick one of hundreds lets talk about Castle Dice. CD is very similar in components and KS for $65 shipping included! Now tell me why this game is worth $98 plus $14 Shipping?

Oh and Castle Dice gave $34,000 of the KS to charity too btw...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:
Just fanboy responses, still no reasons given why this game is worth $98-$142 for the full game.

Let me add this because judging by the responses I already got you are blinded by something.

I have KSed many projects and just to pick one of hundreds lets talk about Castle Dice. CD is very similar in components and KS for $65 shipping included! Now tell me why this game is worth $98 plus $14 Shipping?

How about we don't talk about them because there is no relevancy. If you don't think it's worth paying, no one is holding a gun to your head to back it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Fatman
msg tools
mb
stevozip wrote:
MFatman wrote:

How about we don't talk about them because there is no relevancy. If you don't think it's worth paying, no one is holding a gun to your head to back it.

LOL this is a Forum and by definition it is used to talk.... Can you really not give me reasons and have to resort to telling me to go away?!?!

I will be a little more blunt. I have a $100 cart at CSI waiting for me to check out. Please someone give me reasons to back this KS instead.

In case you are curious:
..And then we held hands
Mogul
The Last Spike
Lords of Waterdeep: Skulls and under something....
Age of War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:

Castle Dice has 63 dice, according to the BGG entry. Too Many Bones has 120.

I don't know what kind of player mats Castle Dice has, but TMB has multi layered / slotted neoprene mats. That's pretty cool.

Castle Dice has cardboard chits. TMB has plastic chits.

So... no... not very similar in components.

Good troll though. Enjoy your CSI cart!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the forum is used to talk, but comparing two different companies' Kickstarter campaigns to each other is not relevant to the discussion. Each person/entity will conduct their Kickstarter campaign separately and they have already explained their reasonings for the higher shipping prices and the reason for the premium cost of a game with premium components.

While there may be similarities in people's decision to back the game, each person has different reasons for backing it.

Quote:
Why are people backing this? You can buy a proven game for less and even hard to find proven games for cheaper than the $142.

This was your first post in this thread. I am basically hearing in your question/statement that you think I'm a fool for supporting the KS campaign because there are other games I could get for less money. I guess I don't like being called a fool.

If you don't want to back the game because you think it's priced too high including the shipping costs, then that's your decision, and no amount of my reasoning will dissuade you from that decision, as it sounds like you have already made up your mind. If you do choose to back it, you'll support a couple of guys that have a proven record among their small, established fan base.

The "proven" games you speak of were new at one point too, and they are only proven now because they have been around for a while and people have played them. Given enough time, this could become a "proven" game as well.

I wish you well in your gaming endeavors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why am I backing this?

Because Hoplomachus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Justice
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, you should pass and use the money to buy shoes or groceries instead.

I've got plenty of both so I'm going all in. Soooo excited!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not backing because I think the cost is too high. I think the game components DO warrant the cost.

I'm not making threads, calling people "fanboys" and generally making myself look like an ass for continually harping on the subject.

Maybe learn from me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:

Wait, other people don't value things the same way you do? THEY MUST BE WRONG AND YOU MUST TELL THEM ABOUT IT!!

PREACH BROTHER
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly trolling this man is, comparing components of this to Castle Dice? Ridiculous that is.

Thinks his opinion is always right, does he? Maybe he is the chosen one after all....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:

What? That's flagrantly against Kickstarter policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave James

La Palma
California
msg tools
mb
Not the point, which is it prevents many of us from buying it due to it's high cost. I can afford it, but I refuse to give my money so freely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Fatman
msg tools
mb
DaveJames wrote:
Not the point, which is it prevents many of us from buying it due to it's high cost. I can afford it, but I refuse to give my money so freely.

Exactly I smelled elitism, much like Glory to "Romanites" and these responses are doing nothing to dissuade me. I will have to wait for a trusted reviewer's opinion.

Raising concerns about $150 game price tag is not trolling, but a legit complaint. If i was trolling then you would have heard terms like "Mouse pads, ugly dice, and Wal-mart poker chips" before now...but worry not I will depart this forum for better waters and maybe one day it can be said

....and then, we held hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:

If you're not willing to spend the $, then don't. I pledged $130 (plus $200 for expansions) for Kingdom Death: Monster and didn't actually receive it for 3 years (3.5 for the expansions). It was totally worth it since the game is absolutely amazing and the final retail value ended up being ~$750. I also pledged $125 for Up Front which went under, has a lawsuit against them, and I will basically never see that money again.

This is kickstarter, not a storefront. It's up to you to research the company and game to see if it's worth it to you to support them making this game. If it's not, then don't back it. Wait until 2017 after it has been reviewed. There's a few gameplay videos out there that look promising. Go watch those. If it looks like something you'd enjoy and you trust the company (they've delivered before), then back it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Orr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:

Could be they determined Fun to be had per dollar is 'worth' it to the backers?

Component quality is one the few non imaginary 'values' that can be placed on a board game, therefore this one should definitely be 'worth' more than a lot of games if you want to talk about actual reasons why something costs more.

Maybe because they like super premium games.

Or it could be maybe they put premium gas in their cars. To you it may not be 'worth' it, you can get more cheap gas for your buck, but they desire to pay more for higher quality.

Point is, There are plenty of reasons given on other threads and an explanation on ks page, if you prefer not researching anything past looking at sticker price then wailing, than too bad for you, the onus is on you to not be so lazy, not others to provide an exhaustive report handed on a sliver platter while anything less is bafflingly called fanboism.

The superflous explanation marks don't paint a very balanced picture of your analysis habits either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:

Raising concerns about $150 game price tag is not trolling, but a legit complaint.

No, that is trolling. Everything you are complaining about is very clearly explained in the KS page, which clearly you didn't bother to read. It is obvious you clicked on the page, saw the price, then came on here to post flagrant remarks used to incite an emotional response with little to no actual research into the topic you are posting about.

This is, by definition, trolling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
MFatman wrote:

Raising concerns about $150 game price tag is not trolling, but a legit complaint.

No, that is trolling. Everything you are complaining about is very clearly explained in the KS page, which clearly you didn't bother to read. It is obvious you clicked on the page, saw the price, then came on here to post flagrant remarks used to incite an emotional response with little to no actual research into the topic you are posting about.

This is, by definition, trolling

You also did not "raise concerns," you called backers fools for buying in and then compared it to another non-comparable project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFatman wrote:
Now tell me why this game is worth $98 plus $14 Shipping?

...$14 shipping...

OPEN LOUD WEEPING FROM AUSTRALIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.