4 Posts

Stronghold (2nd edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Marauders and Goblin Trap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Bowman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Defender set a goblin trap on the path leading to the rampart where you gain the goblin and orc marauder to add to your forces on the final rampart (Arrow where you place a white and green cube for bonus forces). The arrow points to the path specifically at the same point where the trap icon is on the board. Do you "pick up" the marauders on the way, or do they meet you on the final rampart?

The reason we ask is because we were not sure if the goblin from the marauder forces was subject to the trap or if they join up AFTER your regular forces pass through the trap! I looked in the rules and FAQ and did not see it say specifically WHEN (timing) the Marauders join your forces and thus if they would be affected by the goblin trap. We played that the marauders meet up with you on the final rampart and aren't hit by the trap, but I agreed with my opponent that the arrow points to where the trap is and it could be interpreted either way! We would like to be clear on that next time because slipping even one goblin onto that final rampart and playing the goblin's fury order can be a game changer!

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iraklis Stratigis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules mention that Marauders are between the two ramparts and that if the Invader moves any unit to the final Rampart, two Marauders join the attack.
Trap is also between the two ramparts. I think that a goblin trap there should kill the goblin from marauders.
An answer from the designer or the publisher would be more valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bowman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Thus the confusion. Hoping they can clarify soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bowman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Portal on Twitter. I've asked them to update the FAQ.

"Maruders simply join the attack as said in the rulebook. They don't use Path. Unaffected by Trap."

Thanks Portal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.