George Huang
msg tools
Which technology build path is more effective for Naalu?

Option 1

1. Sarween Tools
2. XRD Transporter
3. Cybernetics
4. Hyper V Assault
5. Deep Space Cannon
6. War Sun

Options 2

1. XRD Transporter
2. Cybernetics
3. Stasis Capsule
4. Neural Motivator
5. Type IV Drive
6. Advance Fighters

Racial technology can be thrown in anytime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 2

I prefer the fighter route as they are cheaper to build and fully teched out Naalu fighters are dangerous to go up against.

That and my group rarely builds Destroyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 2 every time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None, the game will be over or almost over by the time you get six techs, go and get your victory points instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Naalu needs to go move tech and fighters.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burris
Canada
flag msg tools
Super late reply, but as Naalu I just get XRD Transporters and Cybernetics ASAP, and eventually Sarween Tools, and consider anything else more or less a bonus. Initiative 0 is one of the best war abilities in the game. Early XRD + Cybernetics + Naalu racial abilities = absolutely terrifying fleets, but you have to be able to put the plastic on the board, which you can't do if you're spending all your money on technologies.

The thing about advance fighters is that by the time you get them, the game is usually almost over. Naalu only need to acquire cybernetics to have fighters that hit on 7's (6's with Warfare II token), which is borderline OP.

The next tech I'd buy would be the racial tech "Telepathic Mind Weapon," which is completely obnoxious with Naalu's retreat ability.

Now, if you are playing the Long War, or are super rich and have all the right tech specialty planets, then by all means, go for advance fighters if you really want to. Otherwise,

1. XRD Transporters (or Cybernetics)
2. Cybernetics
3. Sarween Tools (to better churn out fighters)
4. Telepathic Mind Weapon

That's usually good enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.