Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Encounter Phase there is a section called Taking Reward Cards. It says: However, for a player to be able to take a Reward card, that reward must share at least 1 keyword with the Gear Proficiencies entry of their Hero Charter. Arcaneweave Quiver has Arcane, Gear, Container, Quiver, but Ardenai has Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Staff, Cloak, Item, Potion, Trinket.

Ardenai should be able to take the Arcaneweave Quiver since it is his card, but it shares no keywords? Is this in the errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the errata, yes. A hero's reward cards are always usable by their hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:

So I must be blind, because I looked at errata in the files section and didn't see anything that changed the keywords on the Arcaneweave Bow or anything that said hero reward cards were usable by the hero. I agree it just makes sense, but I just couldn't find it. Can you quote the reference here or help me find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
areeves wrote:
So I must be blind, because I looked at errata in the files section and didn't see anything that changed the keywords on the Arcaneweave Bow or anything that said hero reward cards were usable by the hero. I agree it just makes sense, but I just couldn't find it. Can you quote the reference here or help me find it?

You might be. Is this not it?

Question: What exactly are the Reward cards my Hero can use?
Answer: Any Reward cards with your Hero symbol can be taken and used by that Hero. For any other Reward (Transient Reward or a card with another Hero Symbol), at least one keyword from the receiving Hero’s Proficiencies Section on the Character Charter must match one of the Keywords on the Reward received. Otherwise, the Hero is not allowed to receive the Reward (but the player may immediately return it to the Reward Deck and receve Resolve).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
areeves wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:

Hm. I thought I read a quote from BG putting it that way, but I think you're right. It was just an errata for that specific reward card (under the Ardenai section).

Edit: ninja'd by the right quote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
areeves wrote:

You might be. Is this not it?

Question: What exactly are the Reward cards my Hero can use?
Answer: Any Reward cards with your Hero symbol can be taken and used by that Hero. For any other Reward (Transient Reward or a card with another Hero Symbol), at least one keyword from the receiving Hero’s Proficiencies Section on the Character Charter must match one of the Keywords on the Reward received. Otherwise, the Hero is not allowed to receive the Reward (but the player may immediately return it to the Reward Deck and receve Resolve).

OK so in this case I am not blind, just didn't know where to look.
I was looking at the files section on BGG for the errata when I should have been looking here... http://www.nskn.net/en2/games/mistfall/faq/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.