5 Posts

B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss» Forums » General

Subject: Nobody's talking about the meta game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One thing I really dig about the game, and I guess this really applies to KS backers, but that's the only people who have this game right now; is picking the right combination of heroes, who can work well and combo off each other. Then Playing to each heroes strengths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
badge
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about this last time I played with my group. We had every hero available to us (minus the 3 that came in the Hero pack) so we had a bunch of different options to choose from. Having a well rounded group definitely helped once we started playing. We made sure to pick a couple strong heros with some support and it worked well for us. Being able to take out Molens that spawned during the first round was a huge advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You say only kick starter backers have this game but its been in my local shop for 3 weeks and I have still not got mine and its not due until March 2nd. So I hope everyone in enjoying the game I funded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Krom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the game is available in retail already but i don't mind waiting for my kickstarter pledge knowing i can choose from alot of heroes Really looking forward choosing team's with good combo's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Robinson
msg tools
Played the base game about 3 times before the FAQ came out. Managed to win the second time with only a few mistakes (2 Avatars, but didn't know he had Resistance 4). I feel like there are a few workable metagames.
-It really pays off to stay on top of keeping the bad guys thinned out. Using the Orc hero from the expansion and the Catapult stops a lot of problems before they snowball. We had to plan out opportunitis to level Khaz, he was always busy.
-Level once or twice immediately in the game before many enemies are out. Leveling is for winners.
-Need to have at least one character who focuses on being really good at clearing one specific zone. Zone 2 and 3 control are the most important. Leveling is great for this, and some of the blacksmith equipment is amazing. In the base game the Z3 guy has to have 3 damage and the other guys only have to have 2, anything more is for avatar slaying.
-We had some success with having one "fishing" character who goes and stocks up on cards for the other players. The Web of Contacts ability from Myrinia (which another player can get from leveling) really helps. Having that person gain the extra action abilities is awesome for everyone.
-Game seems more manageable with 6 heroes to me. Point the catapult at a double spawn and abuse it.
-Protect the sanctuary and the barn at all costs.
-Don't leave a hero on a building unless there is no other option, stand on a wall. Bros don't building block.
-Massive attacks are good in the endgame
-Talk to each other! Be flexible! It's coop!

So for me, the dream team is:
-Khaz for Zone 3, he even starts with 3 damage
-Thorlak on Zone 1
-Eileen on Zone 2, or someone who can level fast
-Myrinia for Card feeding
-Astrid or Dahlia for a leveled up closer
-Lugh the Blacksmith for mid-late game crowd control with massive attacks.

That said, almost every character is good if the group is setup to make their strategy work.
In the game we won, someone gained Medical Knowledge on a level up, Myrinia had 5 actions, Eileen had the bow of murdering Zone 2, and Khaz never had time to level. The catapult was super busy locking down one zone every turn. We lost a building, but no one died.

Our first game was lost on turn 6 or 7, we focused on card draw. Kador unfortunately drew both of the "damage the building" cards on his first pull and we ruled that the sorcery tower was destroyed, which made him less cool (and made us shuffle better). On our last game we were 2 turns from the messenger coming in when the mass of Garon and Molen managed to break 4 buildings in one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.