Versailles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I take 5 wood in one turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I'm a meeple person!
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused regarding this. Without any tech, can you only get max 3 wood even if you have 4 or more workers there?

The rules say:
Quote:
When a player activates the Lumber Mill, they receive 1/2/3 wood if 1/2/3 or more of their workers are present there.

This is confusing because in the other spaces one can use multiple workers to activate multiple spaces, and even the same space more than once.

So if you have 5 worker you can use 3 of them to activate the 3 wood space and then use the last 2 workers to activate the 2 wood space, totaling in 5 wood (without tech).

Is this correct, or is there a limit of 3 max (without tech)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb

If you look carefully on the board you will see suspension points after the third meeple in the conversion boxes of all the materials. So, it is:

3 or more for lumber or marble OR 2 or more for gold = 3 (wood,marble) OR 2 gold, respectively

Same thing for the arrow marker at the Architect's Guild: you cannot flip more than one per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm a meeple person!
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw these 3 dots, but they are only drawn on the 3 lumber action space. And that is the last action space in the lumber mill. It is the same as the Architect's Guild. Only the last action space there has these 3 dots. And only that specific action is limited. The other actions in the Architect's Guild are not limited. So according to this logic I can do the 3 lumber action only once per turn, but the 2 and 1 lumber actions multiple times per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
Versailles Rulebook wrote:
LUMBER MILL
When a player activates the Lumber Mill, they receive 1/2/3 wood if 1/2/3 or more of their workers are present there.

The Rulebook has similar text for all the other resources and for the Architect's Guild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm a meeple person!
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know. This line in the rules along with the 3 dots only on the last action space are what's causing all the confusion.

Andrei, can we please get your official response?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can take max. 3 wood regardless of how many workers you activate with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm a meeple person!
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the prompt response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anovac wrote:
You can take max. 3 wood regardless of how many workers you activate with.

Unless you've activated the Alchemists Guild bonus to get one extra wood whenever you get wood. Then you can get up to 4 wood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.