Subject: seeking pbem games......... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heather wilkie
Scotland
caithness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi im a 40ish novice gamer. i never had the oppotunity to get into rpgs or board games, with the exception of family games as a young kid. sadly i was told to grow up and stop wanting to play kids games.
ive always wanted to enjoy boardgames but never had anyone to play with, so fast forward about30 years and i really wish i could play something.
i love board and card games. i have an interest in rpg and some skirmish type of wargames but i dont have anyone to play in real life.

so i would hope to get to know about some games i can play by email or by forum posts.

im not sure what there is or if im welcome but i hope to get to know some email gamers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be glad to introduce you to the Vassal Engine for PBEM. Free download on multiple platforms:

http://www.vassalengine.org/

Do any of the Command & Color games:

Commands & Colors: Ancients
Commands & Colors: Napoleonics
BattleLore
Memoir '44

Or Columbia games:

Columbia Games

Interest you. Most, if not all, have free Vassal Modules and the rules are public downloads.

- Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an entry I'd first check out Yucata.de and BoardGameArena.com - both haver a wide selection of games and both support PBEM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather wilkie
Scotland
caithness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the welcomes everyone.

the boardgame areana looks great. ive saved that to my faves. its the sort of games that i like.

ive just discovered theres werewolf games here. ive not played these for years. i hope i can catch a new one sometime to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker Reader
msg tools
Hi! Welcome to the forum.

I’ve created an original PBeM/RPG game concept you may be interested in. It’s called The Day. In our current storyline you get to encounter the Icelandic Undead, alien parasites, and battle against epic super powered beings.

Here’s the pitch,

The Day - When the Large Hadron Collider is turned on the Universe is changed ...

Welcome to The Day, a creator driven RPG/PBeM where each player member is challenged to contribute, expand and build the Universe of The Day. To begin, you, as a player can decide if you wish to be a Reader – essentially, the game’s DM, but a character who has the ability to see what has and has not been changed in our reality when the LHC was switched on. From there you set up the contributing storyline, context and player NPCs, and invite other players to participate as Writers - the story’s active characters who can change, allow, or stop the events of The Day.

Or, you can be both, by creating independent stories and characters of your own creation outside of the games established cast of NPC characters and groups.

The goal of our project is to build original content, giving us the potential of publishing our work as eBooks, a RPG module, or an ongoing, online SIM.

Looking for player members to jump start this new and innovative approach
to PBeM.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/thedayrpg/info

Here’s a link to our cinematic trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYaRREaXWHQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Laird
United States
Kankakee
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
As an entry I'd first check out Yucata.de and BoardGameArena.com - both haver a wide selection of games and both support PBEM.
youplay.it is another good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Laird
United States
Kankakee
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heckmac wrote:
I would be glad to introduce you to the Vassal Engine for PBEM. Free download on multiple platforms:

http://www.vassalengine.org/

Do any of the Command & Color games:

Commands & Colors: Ancients
Commands & Colors: Napoleonics
BattleLore
Memoir '44

Or Columbia games:

Columbia Games

Interest you. Most, if not all, have free Vassal Modules and the rules are public downloads.

- Charlie

I host a Play by forum B-17 Queen of The Skies, which if you don't own a copy of the game itself is also on Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Laird
United States
Kankakee
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hermit hev wrote:
hi im a 40ish novice gamer. i never had the oppotunity to get into rpgs or board games, with the exception of family games as a young kid. sadly i was told to grow up and stop wanting to play kids games.
ive always wanted to enjoy boardgames but never had anyone to play with, so fast forward about30 years and i really wish i could play something.
i love board and card games. i have an interest in rpg and some skirmish type of wargames but i dont have anyone to play in real life.

so i would hope to get to know about some games i can play by email or by forum posts.

im not sure what there is or if im welcome but i hope to get to know some email gamers here.

for a war game, I host one called 509th (H) Virtual Bomb Group its a play by forum for B-17: Queen of the Skies a World War 2 Solitaire War Game that has been modified to be a multi-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig M
msg tools
mbmb
Hi Heather,

I'm currently playtesting a multiplayer sci-fi themed economic-wargame blend, and using email for submission of moves. The actual game is done with a digital board I wrote in Java, so the graphical interface is not too different from a real game. This is the first game - I would love to get a list of players for the second game. I could even need a replacement player during the current game.

Have you considered Tabletop Simulator? For people stuck in a domestic arrangement where gaming isn't easy, it does at least allow realtime play of most popular board games.

Cheers,

Craig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter Rzechorzek
Australia
flag msg tools
hi Heather

I run a retro Play by Email multi-player game called TribeNet. TribeNet is a strategy campaign game grounded in the Medieval period. It has village build, war gaming and diplomatic/negotiation elements and has been running via email since 1997 and as a PBM before that, dating back to 1988 – a long track history.

Many of the fun aspects of Small World and other games such as Settlers of Catan, Civilization etc are found in TribeNet.

I have given you the very rough outline above but if you are interested and would like more details you can ask for the FAQS from me at email:

peter.rzechorzek@optusnet.com.au

And/or you can take a look at the Website:

www.tribenet.com.au

thanks for taking the time to have a look
cheers peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather wilkie
Scotland
caithness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for all the invites ive had since i posted my request.

after looking at all the different online sites ive been given links to, i just cant get into them. i just cant get the hang ofany of it online. im not very computer lliterate

if anyone is still into the good old fashioned pen and paper rp story building. i would be interested to do it by email or snail mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Robinson
United Kingdom
Barrow in Furness
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hermit hev wrote:

after looking at all the different online sites ive been given links to, i just cant get into them. i just cant get the hang ofany of it online. im not very computer lliterate

if anyone is still into the good old fashioned pen and paper rp story building. i would be interested to do it by email or snail mail.

Try this site

http://www.ongoingworlds.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather wilkie
Scotland
caithness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jon7167 wrote:
hermit hev wrote:

Try this site

thanks that is just the sort of thing i can get into. its the first one thats got a diverse choice of themes. ive joined the site already and am now exploring to see which game i want to join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
hermit hev wrote:
jon7167 wrote:
hermit hev wrote:

Try this site

thanks that is just the sort of thing i can get into. its the first one thats got a diverse choice of themes. ive joined the site already and am now exploring to see which game i want to join.

It's almost embarrassing that no one's actually pointed you to the RPG Play by Forum games on our sister site, RPGGeek.

You can find the main forum, along with the recruiting posts at https://rpggeek.com/forum/379243/rpg/play-forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.