Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably missing something obvious here but could someone please spell out to me the significance of the text on cards like Saboteur that say "Return this card faceup to this hideout".

Can the card mature? will it ever trigger again? how?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that all encounter cards are discarded after ambush or search unless the card says otherwise. Off hand I know the Rats card is like this. Yes... Return it face up to the hideout and if the hunters return unprepared they will get ratted again.

Hope that helps.

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean if a player returns to a location with a hideout containing a faceup card that Dracula can ambush with that card again?

If a face up moves off the trail can it mature?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yesbryn wrote:
Does that mean if a player returns to a location with a hideout containing a faceup card that Dracula can ambush with that card again?

Yes

Reference guide page 3 wrote:
Dracula may ambush with an encounter card that is already revealed.

Quote:
If a face up moves off the trail can it mature?

Yes

Learn to play, page 11 wrote:
The bottom of some encounter cards have a red section that has a “Matured Effct.” If a hideout is removed from the trail during the Dracula phase, Dracula may mature any of the encounter cards in that hideout by resolving the text in the “Matured Effect” section on those cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To put it short: it does not matter whether an encounter card on Dracula's trail is face up or face down. All the rules and game mechanics (and the Stake card, as it was a subject of an other thread) works the same way.

The only difference is that the Hunters now know, what they can find in that city if they re-visit it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
The rules state that all encounter cards are discarded after ambush or search unless the card says otherwise.

The rules state it... and it is nearly true.

The exception is the two fighting vampire encounters (Reckless and New Vampires) which are not discarded even though it fails to state this on the card. You have to know to look up the "Vampire Encounters" entry in the Rules Reference to handle those encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, I found that the rules seemed to be scattered all over the place in this game. Still it is a lot of fun.

Thank you for letting me know about the Vampires - we wondered about that because it seemed like the Hunters should just escape asap and discard the card rather than fight it, this makes so much more sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.